I was having a chat with repr and....

red930

We came to talk about this forum.

Tbh with you i feel we are drifting...no id where too, but still.

Now i have been wobbeling around and fragging up in different area's here for a while now :D

One thing i know that the hardcore forum addicts are as loyal as they come.

Secondly the combined knowledge here is almost scary, so much as it is.

Now im not asking for new subforumtopics like cars or goldfish, but more along the lines combining hardware-wise the knowledge here and work with that.

Or as repr has put it:

What id like to see is that the amount of knowledge here is used. most people here know way more about hardware then any regular person, but on the site its either not to be seen, or very hard to find. if you want to overclock you can start a thread and ask questions. but a normal tutorial isnt here to be found. All GPU's are in peoples signature, but there isnt a thread with GPU-only bechmarkt comparing them

everyone here has different motherboards, but why not make a special board with user reviews of each board?

My question is to you all:

What would you like to see?, along the lines repr said it.

Thanks a bunch ;D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be cool to have a User Review section. I have seen it on a few other forums. People buy new hardware, and do a write up about it. Toss in some benchmarks against what you upgraded from and blamo, a user that was in the same situation possibly thinking about a similar upgrade will now have an idea on whether or not to pull the trigger.

I'm sure its been talked about, but as lots of other things, not many have come through (myself included, i am in no position to point fingers).

I dont necessairily think they need to be apples to apples comparisons either. This week(end) (pending a GPU block) i will be doing my first watercooling loop and am very curious to see what the actual differences using the exact same settings will be, and im sure others may be interested also so i plan on a little write up to show people what they may gain with a sub $200 cpu/gpu watercooling setup, along with how things went as a first time watercooler.

So ummm yea...User Review section :)

Guest SuppA-SnipA

"but a normal tutorial isnt here to be found." not exactly true, theres the old dfi OC'ing guide, but thats socket 939 stuff...however OC'ing concept is the same on all pc's.

maybe a few people should make guides on how to OC for different boards, xfx, evga, gigabyte, asus, etc

what i would love to see is a watercooling guide, for my next build, i may WC

We need more cow bell!!!

I mean we need to combine the OCDB results into some cool graphs for people to compare. that's all for now :D

also somebody start a thread like the 3GHz club for AMD for the Intel forum just call it "Almost 4GHz!!11!one!!"

user reviews are a good idea for people to get some sort of idea of real world performance...

but we are bigger than that we need alot more than just reviews and benchmarks...there are endless forums across the net with those figures...;)

Guest SuppA-SnipA
what kind of info would you want in a H2O guide?

the basics...but ill check out the link KingFisher posted, never saw that one before :|

let's see...tutorials...there's a whole section of tutorials at the top of the forum

overclocking...there's a OC Guide that has about 200,000+ views in the AMD Overclocking section. There's one that uses all the principles of that guide combined with some newer stuff dealing with Intel overclocking...stuck to the top of the Intel section.

GPU overclocking...there's an ATI OC guide and an NV OC guide in the video card section...

not sure where the feeling of "there's so much info but not where you can get it" comes from since all the important tutorials are either in a section labeled TUTORIALS or stuck to the top of their respective genre sub-forums...

user reviews...gee...we been trying to get you users to do them for...more than a year (going on two years here pretty soon...)

did I leave anything out?

Guest SuppA-SnipA

by user reviews do u literally mean user reviews?

eg - really knows his stuff, helpful

A_G

I am working on my first power supply review at the moment and it will be with Praz within the next week or so. I have to say though that dr_bowtie does give the impression that they are not really wanted.

I agree partly with what he says that there are hundreds ney thousands of reviews out there but if you take away the ones written by manufacturers, the ones written by people with links to the manufacturers (donated hardware) and the bads ones you are left with very few. I feel there is an audience out there for well written reviews that are totally independent. That means if a manufacturer wants to donate equipment for review then it as to be made quite clear that the the review will be honest and totally unbiased.

Regards

Paul