Sign in to follow this  
Hemidare

Assassin's Creed

Ok here a couple of thoughts from a couple of days of playing. Fight system is the best i have ever seen as far as cinematic goes. Its like playing your own action movie. One complaint is that the fighting is all the same and the little upgrades you get as you go along are not quite enough to make it really fresh and exciting everytime. Now that being said most games out GOW, FEAR are all the same in that regard.

Now take that with a grain of salt because i have only played 3 missions of the 9 i believe there to be.

I absolutley love jumping from roof to roof and the general running around you can do. It really makes you think that you are in a real world and that you can do things in your own time. Not just running from one point to another.

Graphics are stunning to be honest. Better then Crysis in my opinion.

Now there a couple of glitches in the game such as not being able to run it because of DRM and my DVD drive not reading the drive properly or something. I have bought the game legally so no i have not got a cracked copy or anything. I also used a no DVD key to run my game i payed 50 bucks for and no i am not sorry for it. Its the only way i could get it to run.

Also after i got the game started it wouldnt load past 50% and crash. Looked around online for a answer and someone suggested unplugging your internet and it worked for me. Something about it calling ubisoft a bunch of times.

All in all i give it a 9/10

I will be adding to this thread while i play and giving my thoughts on the game.

IMHO it's a console port that isn't worth the time for the majority of PC users.

I try to stick to console for console games and PC for PC games.

There is an exception to every rule! IMO this just isn't one of those.

Ok just finished the game and i loved it. Not bad for a port and the ending was pretty cool as well. Although they had better come out with a second one. I have a feeling you need a pretty powerful system to appreciate the graphics and the gameplay the way it is supposed to be.

I just started playing this game last night. It was quite captivating. Before i knew it i was 3+ hours playing. I totally agree on the fighting. It looks great, but there isnt enough variation and i can see it getting pretty repetitive as time goes on.

Running from rooftop to rooftop and climbing to those lookout points to get a birds eye view is sweet, and so is taking the fast route down, lol.

I am quite impressed with the graphics and especially the draw distance. You can see for miles all the buildings inside the town and it looks stunning.

I definetly enjoyed what i played yesterday and plan on continuing. It seems like there are tons of little side "quests" (saving the citizens, collecting the flags, etc). I also like not being tied down to the story. If i dont want to progress, i can just run around looking for flags and such, or just taking in the scenery, and progress at my own rate.

Bit of an odd story it is, being hooked up to that machine...

Biggest gripe?? Having to go through like 83976928376423 menus JUST TO QUIT THE GAME! haha. After i saw what you had to do, the second time i quit i just opened up task manager and killed it, lol.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

ya my friend told me about that, quitting the game involves like 10 menus

Guest SuppA-SnipA

ya i finally got the game :D cant wait to get home and install ;)

Since there was nobody around to play Vegas 2 last night, i dropped a few more hours into the game. Still loving it, lol. I spend soo much time just running around jumping from rooftop to rooftop but i gotta be careful now cause there are archers in this town that dont seem to like me doing that :P

I have a little USB thing that lets me plug 2 x PS2 controllers into the PC. I was never a fan of the 360 controllers.