Sign in to follow this  
EdLSmith

I38 Quad GT With Intel QX 9650 @ 4.5GHZ

Breath-taking speed; totally unsure of stability. Gaming and Benchmarks are fabulous. I saw a 6850 reported as stable on another forum @ 5.7 GHZ. With these OC's; who needs a QX9775? They are reporting 4 GHZ from what I've seen so far.

Breath-taking speed; totally unsure of stability. Gaming and Benchmarks are fabulous. I saw a 6850 reported as stable on another forum @ 5.7 GHZ. With these OC's; who needs a QX9775? They are reporting 4 GHZ from what I've seen so far.

Geez, what kind of cooling for that speed? I've heard 4+ is easily possible on good air.

5.7 is insane, must be on a chiller or phase unit?

3dMark stable on LN2

Ah, probably should have asked about the definition of "stable" :)

What was the previous max on LN2? I thought they've been benching thereabouts for a long time now. Maybe that was on the higher-end processors though....

Yeah, a lot of the guys have been running at that speed for a while now. The max is somewhere around 6.2GHz.

Nice OC there Ed, Man it seems like ages ago people were all proud of a 2.5Ghz 250FSB overclock on an AMD now everyone has 5Ghz in their sights.... very interesting days for us Geeks. Keep on truckin chaps I always love reading your posts and your damn right disrespect for stock speeds, gives the rest of us something to shoot for hehe :D