• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mindflux

Mindflux

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

I have firefox set as the default browser, yet everything still opens in IE. What the hell is going on? How do I tell this stupid operating system to open things in FF? I'd just delete IE but then I can't go to windows update.

#2 red930

red930
  • Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

I have firefox set as the default browser, yet everything still opens in IE. What the hell is going on? How do I tell this stupid operating system to open things in FF? I'd just delete IE but then I can't go to windows update.

What do you mean by "everything"?

I mean, I'm a pretty casual user. I open FF and go to sites. The only things to click on outside of that would be windows update and maybe email links that would open in Outlook/Thunderbird.

#3 Guest_SuppA-SnipA_*

Guest_SuppA-SnipA_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

try to reisntall firefox by deleting ur profile and the program filesmozilla firefox folder?
search for spyware as well, that can cause things to not act the way they are supposed to

#4 slick2500

slick2500

mmm beer

• Folding Member
  • 2405 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:07 PM

There are programs that if they have links inside the program they will only open IE no matter what. 3DMark, and Steam do this if I remember correctly.

Intel i7 9700k - ASRock Phantom Gaming SLI/AC - 16GB GSkill RIPJAWS V DDR 3200 - EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Black Edition - Samsumg 850 Evo

sigimage.gif

"My friend's I am here to warn you that should you ever stumble across a website with top notch "content" on the front page that just so happens to be sorted by a rating system, please. Please, for the love of all that is good in this world. DO NOT GO TO THE LAST PAGE! What has been seen, cannot be unseen."

-WARDOZERX

#5 Zelig

Zelig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:11 AM

Control program > default programs > set default programs

Make sure Firefox is set as the default for everything that IE would be normally.