Sign in to follow this  
Mindflux

Vista hates firefox

I have firefox set as the default browser, yet everything still opens in IE. What the hell is going on? How do I tell this stupid operating system to open things in FF? I'd just delete IE but then I can't go to windows update.

I have firefox set as the default browser, yet everything still opens in IE. What the hell is going on? How do I tell this stupid operating system to open things in FF? I'd just delete IE but then I can't go to windows update.

What do you mean by "everything"?

I mean, I'm a pretty casual user. I open FF and go to sites. The only things to click on outside of that would be windows update and maybe email links that would open in Outlook/Thunderbird.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

try to reisntall firefox by deleting ur profile and the program filesmozilla firefox folder?

search for spyware as well, that can cause things to not act the way they are supposed to

There are programs that if they have links inside the program they will only open IE no matter what. 3DMark, and Steam do this if I remember correctly.

Control program > default programs > set default programs

Make sure Firefox is set as the default for everything that IE would be normally.