Sign in to follow this  
A6437

DFI Ultra-D with 2 8800 GTS 512

Been awhile from the scene for a LOOOONG time just upgraded to a 512 MB 8800gts and a 600 watt OCZ SLI power supply.

Bought crysis and like to say it has incredible detail love the graphics.

Though I want to try to SLI this mofo up but not sure if both cards will fit and/or make the cards overheat being so close together.

My MB is SLI modded.

Anyone have this sort of setup running fine? Is the Power suplly enough juice?

Like I said its been a while, thanks in advance.

That power supply should be good enough, but right at the borderline. OCZ makes great power supplies and when mine took a dump on me, they were kind enough to ship me this 700 watt in place of the 600 I had. Good luck and post up your results when you get it up and running.

It will fit but the top card is morelikely going to run hotter during operations since there is really no space between the two cards on that motherboard...

It will fit but the top card is morelikely going to run hotter during operations since there is really no space between the two cards on that motherboard...

Yeah thats what i was kind of worried about but gonna give it a shot anywho, should be ordering another card next week along with a higher res monitor 1900x1200 to put all that juice to work.

Usually have the side of my comp open and i'll probably just place a fan next to it, don't really mind the noise when i have everything cranked up.

I will post back on how it all works out, thanks again.

Hence the reason I love my Antech 900 case. I have the 120mm fan on the side blowing directly onto the video card. I should be okay for when I do the SLI mod to my board and throw 2 8800 GTS's in there.