Sign in to follow this  
Imsochobo

Reccomendation

Imsochobo

Are you not risking damage by powering your graphics cards from different supplies?

Even if using identical power supplies the DC lines will rise and stablise at different times on the two units. This could mean that the auxillary 12V supply could appear at the graphics card before the motherboard supply. I appreciate this may only be fractions of a second but could it damage the motherboard? Don't know but certainly worth thinking about.

Regards

paulktreg

Ehm, I was doing some OC on a system @ TG(BIIIG LAN) 5500ppl, well, we used 2 PSU's, when both start at same time, and that not 2 psu's running the same VGA, there should not be any issue.

I just have to use a green cable and make them start at same time and it should be sufficient I guess.

You are true about the DC output diffrence.

Anyway, There are Volt regulators and a power circuit on a videocard that gives the vga the voltage it requires and filters it.

As long as the 2 powersupplies isnt connected paralell there should not be any issue, if i so want to do so, i should do manual adjustments to match the specs of both, which is VEERY hard, since no psu is alike another.

It worked @ TG with TRISLI on a Qx9650 sys Dice, etc. 2x 850 watts odin psu's

Anyways, this psu is daaarn quiet =) and stable, and looks darn nice.