Reccomendation

Put this under pc power... cause im dying for a new psu my ocz 850 watts makes more noise than 2x 3870x2 in CFX, yes. and thats when im counting my system ran everything stock with just 1 !

Anyways, i got space for 2 psu's in my case, so im just wondering about 2x 750 watts Silencer 750 Quad.

Okey, if i go on doing a kickstart of the 2nd, with green/black stuff.

Should i do connection of black-black and green-green(ofc green green) but the black one.

if not, give me a goood quiet 1000 watts psu for a affordable $$$$

Maybe the reason its making so much noise is because its defective, There are OCZ reps here that will tell you if its normal or not or it needs replaced, worth a try.

I think the best way to link 2 PSU's under the one case switch is to put a relay in the circuit, I don't think just linking the wires is safe enough. I did it for a while with 2 dirt cheap 500w PSU's but I had one running the CDROM's and HDD's + Fans and the other running the board and G/card, I needed to turn on the one controlling the HDD's first and then hit the case switch, but after a while one of them died with a "Pop" sound lol. If you cut into the wires to join them then bang goes your warranty too, thats fine for a couple of crappy ones you have lying around but I wouldn't do it with 2 brand new Quality PSU's.

Anything on 750 Watts isnt enough. i wont do 4 rail or 6 rails, im currently maxing 3 of 4 rails, the 4th cant do anything else than run some drives.

anyways, they aint hardwired together in parallell "meaning more power not voltage, they have to have same voltage to do that) meaning: i wont do it!.

I wanna power 1 gfx on one psu aswell as mobo, other 1 gfx and hdd's and extra stuff.

Lets do a sumup on all my stuff.

Hdd uses 15 watts ?

8x 15W

pump 15 watts 20 watt with the power module

Fans 1 watt each 5 watts.

Phenom @ 170 watts ?

2x 3870X2 @ 250 watts

motherboard apporx 30-50 watts.

where are we now. 845 should i have.

This is overclocked numbers, anyways, i still havnt found any psu that does my system without making noise, in fact a PPC makes less noise with its 80 mm than my ocz 850 watts with 120 mm, why, build. ocz have cooling fins smaller than a unborn baby's thing.

And half of the space isnt used aswell. so most of the air is just getting blown through with little effect.

Still ppc's 1200 watts is 80 MM, hmm, have i ever had issues with 80 mm's nah, 2x 750 watts will do the job, or a 2 rail 1000 watts. ( i aint a big fan of small rails cause im always limited by the small rails.

I've got a Silverstone Strider 1000W modular PSU and it works quite well so I'm sure the one Praz mentioned would be good too. The stock 135mm fan in mine was a bit loud for my tastes so i replaced it with a 120mm Yate Loon (D14SM-12) and it's now very silent.

i gotta pay over 800 usd to get a silverstone 1200 watts, WHICH i wont do >_<

Btw, i dont need any connections between the two psu's other than green.

Which means, i wont break warranty, and not changing fans is also great, and i can use my system if 1 breaks, and RMA.

Ill just use something to get contact fastened without making any physical damage.

The 1k watts is more expensive than 2 power& pc cooling in denmark, woot, expensive.

Also the toll, and also shipping which is about 200 noks 50 usd in shipping and about 100 usd in toll + the 460 usd for the psu ending at 610 usd.

I got one, but gonna do 1 to start them both so green cable design is the way to go, ill come up with something fancy ;)

Concidering NO psu with good quality from any manufacture @ 1000 watt cost less than 2x 750 watts.

• 2 weeks later...

First psu came some days ago, and it does my system with another 3870X2, in fact, complete spider @ 3.1 ghz 880 mhz core and 1140 mhz memory on VGA's some + on vcore vga.

4GB of mushkin pc9200 @ 2.35 V @ 1150 mhz 5-4-4-12. 5 Hard drives, pump, and all the fans.

And still didnt make the same noise as the ocz did with just 1 3870x2!

I think im in love :P