DK X38

Q6600 SLACR

2x2GB OCZ ReaperX 1000HPC

150GB Raptor X

2x500GB Samsung Spinpoint

Creative XFI XtremeMusic

eVGA 8800GTX

Corsair HX620

The only new parts are the Mobo, RAM & CPU as all the others were working in my previous system. When I first boot I get C1 on the diagnostic so, I have tried to resolve it with the following:

Try i stick in all the DRAM slots, clear CMOS overnight, remove all aux devices except for CPU, 1 stick of RAM and GFX card, tried EZ Clear and jumpers for cmosclear, also tried setting the RAM jumper to 800 to see if that helped but, so far nothing works at all.

I have the 24 pin power in as well as the 8 pin and both 4 pin floppy connectos, tried running with none, 1 and both of the floppy connectors plugged in with no help.

The only thing I can think that it is, is that that the RAM is 2.1V and the board is not supplying that at boot?

Could that be it? Do I need to alter the RAM JUmpers from default for this ram as it is rated to 1000Mhz and the CPU is 1066?

Built loads of AMD but, this is my first Intel and I'm struggling, all help will be gratefully recieved as I type this from my PS3!!

Thx

R4z

The only thing I can think that it is, is that that the RAM is 2.1V and the board is not supplying that at boot?

That would be my thought as well.

Got another stick you could replace the OCZs with and then boot, set settings in bios (2.1 voltage/timings) and then shut down and put the OCZ back in?

Thanks Sound, thiis is exactly what I have done, it boots with a 1GB stick of DDR2-800 and then when I change the voltage to 2.1 and the FSB and Divider for the RAM to run at 1000Mhz, I F10 to save and exit, drop the power change the RAM to the OCZ and then back to C1 error, do I need to input all the timings too or canI leave it on Auto?

I'm using the RAm in the Orange slot nearest the CPU?

Thx

R4z

I'd at least manually set the primary settings for the OCZ since that appears to be the only thing you haven't done.

I've read about default Vdimm being way too weak for certain RAM on many forums and it's usually just a simple Vdimm increase that is needed.

Wish I could help more.

DFIs can be so finicky with RAM.

Have you tried standing on one leg and spinning around 3 times with the board facing North inside a pyramid? :D

Sometimes a small sacrifice (animal or herbal) to the computer Gods works as well.

Must be the RAM settings if it's booting fine with the other Mem.

Anything in any OCDBs? Looked at the OCZ forum?

Looked at the OCZ forum but, doesn't appear to be any info apart from flashing the SPD file to run a higher TRFC setting. All thats on the website is the Primary settings so, I'll try putting them in too, as well as changing the Voltage and FSB/Strap settings.

I would look in the OCDB but, I'musing the browser on the PS3 atm and its not the best tbh.

Thx

R4z

Set tRFC to 52. Attempt to boot with one stick.

Ok, still no luck. Tried setting all the primary's manually including that trfc setting, voltage up to 2.1v and FSB/Divider so it was 1000Mhz, F10 then it powers down to reboot so, I quickly turn off PSU switch b4 it reboots, switch out the RAM to 1 stick of the OCZ stuff and then switch back on and C1 straight away (well theres a sort of 8.8. first then C1)

So I flashed to latest BIOS from TMods CD, 19/03/08 and still its a no-go, exactly the same situation.

This is driving me nuts!

Many thnx

R4z

Have you checked the ram out with memtest single stick at a time? I have the same ram, have LT board also, had no problems switching on for first time on the LT board it recognised ram and set accordingly, one thing if you want to run at DDR1000 you have too run PL 9 its about the lowest it will go, the ram also likes to be ran at 1.8v up too and around the 500fsb. And as Sharp has pointed out all at TRFC 52

Logan

Have you checked the ram out with memtest single stick at a time? I have the same ram, have LT board also, had no problems switching on for first time on the LT board it recognised ram and set accordingly, one thing if you want to run at DDR1000 you have too run PL 9 its about the lowest it will go, the ram also likes to be ran at 1.8v up too and around the 500fsb. And as Sharp has pointed out all at TRFC 52

Logan

Cant run Memtest as PC wont boot with either of them in.

Its the DK not the LT.

Spoke with Tony @ OCZ and I'm sending him the RAM to check over and maybe flash the SPD if thats the issue. Might be a new BIOS also coming to help resolve.

R4z