How to eat SPAM for dinner tomorrow...

red930

#1 and #3 sound good. Mac'n'Cheese is always good but unless you have some kind of meat mixed in it can get old FAST, and when you do have it mixed in it always feels right. :)

I guess a fish type batter would be fine but I think a beer batter would be much better. A nice strong flavoured ale - a poor man's steak and ale pie so to speak.

One recipe I found here

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs...d_fish_p_1.html

Might be nice to do the spam tempura style with a sweet and sour chilli dip.

I guess a fish type batter would be fine but I think a beer batter would be much better. A nice strong flavoured ale - a poor man's steak and ale pie so to speak.

One recipe I found here

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs...d_fish_p_1.html

Might be nice to do the spam tempura style with a sweet and sour chilli dip.

Thanks for the ideas all! I ended up doing something along Suedenim's idea of battering slices of SPAM, but instead I just breaded them with a flour/egg/garlic breadcrumb mixture.

Then of course I couldn't eat that alone so I whipped up some home made mac 'n cheese with a real simple sauce (cheese soup, 2% milk velveeta, skim milk and spices) and had that with steamed asparagus.

And of course because I'm a complete moron I didn't take a picture. Guess I'll have to do it again this weekend. :D

I'm considering just treating myself every weekend with one decent meal. As long as I don't pig out on it and give the leftovers to roommates I should be okay. And by one decent meal I mean a can of SPAM on Saturdays. :angel:

It's just so damn good!

Any new ideas for this weekend? Kinda thinking fried rice (without SPAM so I can eat it later) along with SPAM croquets...

where do the ramen noodles fit in to all of this? 5 packs for a $1 can go a long way.:spam::spam:

Hardly ate that stuff even when I was in college....not a fan. Plus the price has gone up, I refuse to pay any more than 12 packs for a dollar.

Man, that stuff has an insane amount of sodium :P

Damn straight. I'm not too worried about sodium intake though, it's the fat and calories that bother me.

But it's cooked inside the can, which is cool enough that makes me not care very much. :)