12V[1-4]: 18A ea

3.3V: 36A

5V: 30A

P_system = (12V * 18A) * 4 + 3.3V * 36A + 5V * 30A = 1132W

P_mains = 1132W / 80% = 1416W

Whats wrong with this picture?

Take a look at the spec chart for the GXS 700W:

GameXstream_700W_chart.jpg

Each 12V rail is rated for a maximum of 18A or 216W; however, the total combined load on all the 12V rails and the +3V and +5V rails cannot exceed 680W. In other words, the power supply can provide up to 18A on each 12V rail, but is not capable of providing a full 18A load on all 12V rails simultaneously.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that makes sense Rado...I never looked at it as a Max wattage produced :P Like Branjo said, I was future proofing the system. Glad to know that I have that much overhead left!

:P exactly. i like the second comment. crazy nerds :angel:

I dont get it though... how do two power cords help if they're both going to the same outlet:confused:

especially with ac power....:confused::sweat:

it could be useful if... you went for the skulltrail and did mad oc's and decided to use alot of pelts or something maybe :P. or used one of those mountain mod dual-computer cases and had dual skulltrails. or just wanted to find a way to kill the power bill:tooth:

I dont get it though... how do two power cords help if they're both going to the same outlet:confused:

especially with ac power....:confused::sweat:

One power cord would have required a 20A plug which will not plug in a 15A rated outlet that's commonly used in homes here in the States.

That might be a good thing. There is no way the necessary components needed to deliver clean power at that wattage would fit in an enclosure capable of being installed inside the case.