Sign in to follow this  
ReelFiles

Visions of the future

The cool tech from neuromancer - direct, non-intrusive neural interfaces etc. etc. etc.

Could be neat, we will have the latest version of windows installed on the brain! :eek:

I am looking forward to bionic eyes, saw a documentary a while ago where they were able to give a blind man black and white vision by attaching a cam to some nerve. I am legally blind in my left eye so if the right one goes bad I am screwed. My left eye is beyond correction or repair.

I look forward to the day that keyboards, mice and voice recognition are gone. Instead you'll use your brain to directly control your PC. When you're gaming you can just think of what you want to do and it does it, you can type a report by thinking it. No more of that "I can't put my thoughts into words." lol

we can go back to a few days ago when you were crying like a classy lady to have your mod powers re-instated because the joke wasn't funny (to you anyway) anymore...that isn't quite hell freezing over, but then, i never said it would take hell to freeze over or I would need to buy a Sony computer...

Not quite getting that... might need more coffee.

I think we'll need some kind of manual input, even if it reads your motor cortex. I've only got one voice and I'm crap at multi-tasking. I mean how far would you go with voice controls in a car?

I'm saying don't use voice control...just be interfaced directly to your brain. Your brain can do more than any PC on earth...as of now at least.

Guest Blooz1

Yeah, but momo, I'd want to be able to turn it OFF when I wanted to!

Otherwise, you could easily go CRAZY!

Someday we will be able to download our entire "being" into a super neural network, personality, habits, thoughts, feelings etc. and become entirely body free. We will consist of our brains only with artificial intelligence combining with our neural network based person to control everything around us, including the robots that do all the physical work for us.

Of course before we ever get that far we are all going to blow the crap out of one another or exhaust every last resource on our planet and our species will die.

Someday we will be able to download our entire "being" into a super neural network, personality, habits, thoughts, feelings etc. and become entirely body free. We will consist of our brains only with artificial intelligence combining with our neural network based person to control everything around us, including the robots that do all the physical work for us.

Of course before we ever get that far we are all going to blow the crap out of one another or exhaust every last resource on our planet and our species will die.

Sounds good...the world is pretty effed. It could use a cleansing of our species...lol