Flight sims, Where are they.

marcopolo

What the hell is going on in the flight sim world?

As far as I can tell there have been no decent (combat) flight sims released in the last 3-4 years. Anyone know of any gamehouses planning such? has this genre died? is there NO demand for this sort of game anymore? Did us combat flight sim fans just disappear and start spotting trains instead? Any fellow flight sim fans out there?

It seems some of the new hardware out would make a suberb job of the physics/graphics.

Please game makers, if you are reading this, pull your fingers out!!

Marco.

Flight sim X is way too "SIM" for me. If I was trainging to fly some . into a building I might get excited about it, but taking off the ground in an A380 is not my idea of fun!

I want to go on bombing missions in Afganistan and Iraq, taking out strategic targets, like bunkers, tanks, schools, hospitals, houses full of women and children - you know the stuff the US military likes to bomb.

In the good old days I had falcon F16 for my atari ST. recently (last 4 yerars there was falocn 4 allied force but it is WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY dated.You could run it on a 1960's valve computer i think. (Or maybe not but you get the idea). I have an 8800GTS with kick butt capability and want to stare at a bit more than a grey cube huirtling underneath me at 650MPH!

Marco.

I really like flight sims; and find that take-offs/landings are part of the fun. I enjoy flying the 747 and if you know what you're doing the landing really isn't that difficult.

Guest Blooz1

It's more of a challenge to make a good takeoff in a BF-109 on "expert" in IL-2!

I wish I could have a nickel for every time I've gotten killed doing that! It makes you stop and realize how dangerous many of those WWII planes really were.