Sign in to follow this  
Imsochobo

Building my AMD spider! Project.

hehe, my chipset got really hot, i dont understand it, it makes like 2 watts idle, and yet daaamn hot, my dfi lanparty nf4 expert did i have water on, 400 mhz oc 4400+ toledo 2 mb 110 watt.

No fan required.

Anyways, the thing is, im gonna get waterblocks for vga, so if you imagine :

memory-Vga-vga-cpu on watercooling to a maybe 360 rad, how well does that work, i tried a 2900 XT - cpu, nooot good.

so i need the rads, only for show atm, no use in them.. YET

Anyways, got my 2 gb mushkin i ordered, waiting on the 2gb i rma'd :P theyve changed to a box since last time i ordered :O

hehe i told you, they are smokin hot little demons. i dont get it either, but it got me good when i manually feeled it :D

it was running at 66*C before i put the fan on it, but it was running nonetheless... i dont know why they got sooo hot:confused:. but if they only draw 2 watts, why did dfi put a pwm to help it?

:tooth:

well, my gf runs a 110 watts cpu, i do a 125 watts, her chipset is at lower temp

Anyways the chipset is max 10 watts or so.

780 G with HD 3200 in the chip, is 18 watts. so its less than 18, 12 is what ive heard max.

The heatpipes from VRM killing mine

hmm, strange though, running water or ? .

Cause my chipset with my fan is just 27 C idle and 30 load, 35 load OC.

Anyways : update on power consumtion 790FX is 12 watts max. SB600/sb700/SB750 is diffrent(ONLY 780G uses SB700)

and the VRM's is a huge power consumtioner aswell ^^

Anyways, AOD doesnt work with multi settings in bios, but with FSB, it should work with FSB i think, it doesnt with intel, i can run 2.6 ghz with stock voltage AND with cool n quiet =)

Kinda funky, i dont need more than 2.6 ghz atm anyways, always nice to know i got 600 mhz more to get out of it when i need it!.

Anyways, i'm getting stuff from my last order in 2-3 days now =)

Silverstone CFP51

Samsung SpinPoint T166 500GB SATA2

MSI K8N NEO3-F, nForce4-4x,Socket-754(for my server =) since i killed my previous board cost me 15 usd DEMO used from komplett, so why not ^^

Ill show why i need the silverstone thing later on sometime, cause my comp looks ugly, once i open the stealth infront of my comp.

New parts, ive already had the silverstone part, i gotta clean abit now, to find the USB cable for my camera, cause i dont find it.

Anyways, the system is daamn quiet, good voltages, and enough contacts.

What it didnt deliver me, black Connectors(not too big deal) that everything was sleeved, a bigger deal.

But i have some other priorities than just looks, i chosed a red one for 4 bucks more, cause i got red tubes, and CF system, and a little ati fanboy inside me.

it looked nice anyways

anyways ill try to get some pics, try to overclock when i dont have 12.68 V anymore.

My mobo gets sent from the US the 15th of may, lets see how it is, DFI 790FX M2R(The best dfi 790FX board)

ITs prolly better than my gigabyte.