Building my AMD spider! Project.

Since spider is built on 4 cpu cores and 4 GHX cores, i decided to go around the number 4 just to make everything fancy.

Specs will be like this:

Phenom 9850 (Fixed)

2X Sapphire 3870X2 (1 fixed 1 togo)

4x 500 gb samsung 16 mb sata2 RAID 5( 2 fixed 2 togo)

4 radiators with mist red light fans ( Fixed rads 1 fan needed)

Cpu block ( fixed)

Motherboard ( Kinda got ma790FX-DQ6 changing to DFI)

Memory 4gb Mushkin PC9200 EP (All fixed waiting on RMA on 1 kit)

PSU: Pc power & cooling 750 Watts ( Current ocz 850 Watts)

Tower I&S eye 900 Series.

Waterblocks for VGA needed, none in norway yet.

This is something that really cost money to be honest.

I am lucky if i can get everything together till june.

I will certanly OC alot

I will show some pics and tell about benches, progress.

As you can see on pic, i run atm geil, my mushkin died on 1300 mhz 5-4-4-12.

Not hard to imagine though, as far mushkin already pushed them 5-5-4-12 1150 and i go even futher, i think ill just leave them at 1066 mhz 5-4-4-10/11

And as a note to how well my watercooling works, i running all rads without fan 100% load @ 3.1 ghz with no issues.

Gonna need the fans with a phenom, and vga's on the watercooling

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be easier for the reader if you were to link the pics to an external host with img tags; as they would appear in the body of the text and one wouldn't have to click on each individual link. Keep in mind that the max resolution allowed on this forum is 800x600.

lol, i thought you had one of the wierdest cases ever until i realized the pic was sideways :P

*sigh* just about noon and i still need coffee, lol

EDIT: Oh, and since you are part of The Street how bout using a kickass image hosting site? Check out this thread

No i dont have any TLB bug.

Temp is limiting me, 10 min primestable, temp over 81 C error.

hehe, @ 3.5 ghz and 1.425 V

which is alot on a stock 125 watts cpu.

Im going nuts 333 :D

3.5 ghz tested, thinking about finding the delta's now. 64 DB, so i better get my gf to go on a party and test some more overclocking.

I also confirmed, my old 5600+ got a IHS issue, which was more common on the intel cpu's when p4 was intels flagship.

Temp dropped alot, but not enough to do 3.4 ++ ghz stable forever.

I wanna remove the IHS on my 5600+ and retest it, max oc i did to it was 3350 something, which isnt near a 3.470 i did on another one, and still be nice to it.

anyways.

Using Gigabyte MA790FX-DQ6.

Currently Geil ultra something pc6400 which is somekinda crap memory i bought for 10 usd. 4-4-4-12 800 mhz.(when i killed my mushkin)

3870X2

Ocz 850 watts.

And some serious watercooling.

getting a shot of 3114 mhz stable. temp is about 60. which isnt right, gotta fix some waterblock issues i guess.

!!!!!!!TESTING EVERYTHING @ 1.4 V

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/682/13/

What are they doing problems hitting 3 ghz, haha. im currently 7 mins into 3114 mhz run orthos on all cores.

they solder the cores on am2 i think

--

how-to remove intel soldered ihs, similar for amd

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81209

and it's quite dangerous, low success rate. you could possibly use a lighter/torch veeerrry carefully, maybe even a soldiering iron. use a towel to hold it, cut the stuff from around the sides, and then hold it upside down with a lighter on the ihs.

probably would work better then what those people suggest, and cpu's can take alot of heat when they're off. then just let it cool off for a long time until its room temp again. I say be careful, to not burn yourself or drop the cpu/bend the pins :D

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/402/2/ another intel guide. close enough though. this nab used way too much heat.

I have removed a soldered ihs b4 m8 ;) its not that much of an issue to get the IHS off, but a paaaain in the butt for the left overs, i killed 1 2 successfully done.!

All am2's aint soldered.

I reccon atleast 75 % are.

Removing IHS doesnt help much with 89 watts cpu's with stock cooling.

stock cooling in general :P

so i gotta get my 2nd watercooling up, and actually installing vista atm, 64 bit.

CFX isnt supported in xp, cause ati went gay and only supports vista soon. hehe.

2.9 GHZ no voltage. 1 hour 2x orthos, foregot the cpu measurement bars. got it up on 3ghz no voltage now. system is heated up, and doing rebench at 3ghz.

normal_2_9GHZ.JPG

3.1 GHZ 1.425 V temp Test.

normal_3_1_ghz.JPG

THE 8 H is comming,just posting progress!

The most healthy oc is 3.1 ghz. b4 a voltage is needed 1.3 V+ for higher clocks.

might have killed VRM on my gigabyte, AGAIN.

this will be 4th time, and i just cannot wait for a DFI board, cause gigabyte is the worst buy ive done in my life.