Sign in to follow this  
red930

Any old Morrowind players around?

I've been digging through my CD case throwing away a bunch of useless old CD's (like about half a dozen DFI mainboard discs...) and came across my Elder Scrolls III CD's. I'm gonna install it on this computer as I've been wanting to replay some older games anyways, plus this computer is perfect for them since a 7600GS (overclocked of course) is enough to max out the majority of them.

As an aside, one more reason the original Max Payne rocks is that it offer 1920x1200 resolution. In 2001. Suck it, BF2, Doom 3, and all other games I need a mod for. You suck.

Anyways, I was curious to see if you guys remember any cool mods for Morrowind, there must be a gajillion given the popularity of it, and the vast number available for it's much newer sibling.

I saw that this is incredibly recent (less than a week old...no lie) and might give it a shot...

Tamriel Rebuilt

Any others?

Keep in mind I'll be installing Tribunal and Bloodmoon as well. Bloodmoon kinda sucks, but it offers some additional gameplay at least and gives me sumthin else to do.

With Bloodmoon installed, the Morrowind Graphics Extender allows for a non-clipped ("infinite") viewing distance:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View...es.Detail&id=45

A lot of people like the enhanced texture pack:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View....Detail&id=2915

I reinstalled Morrowind late last year, and played it for the better part of a month before getting sidetracked.

Was this one of the better ones? Anyone know where I can get it for PC?

Great game! The "Game of the Year" edition should be available at Best Buy and the like. Otherwise I'm sure Amazon or Bethesda would happily sell you a copy.

A bunch of mods available as well that just make the game that much better.

Sweet, just checked my local GameStop online and they said they had it instock. Probably going to go pick it up later today. I just finished the Main Quest in Oblivion, pretty cool ending.

That game was another lifesuck for me - in some ways I prefer it to Oblivion but I got off that crap and I ain't going back man. Too many deamons plus I plan to do Oblivion and its expansions once I finish Dark Messiah.

There are plenty of mods but I particularly liked the improved archery mods, more arrow types, improved flight characteristics. Great for messing up those damn infernal cliff racers. Now what would be cool is the enrage plasmid from Bioshock for Morrowind and/or Oblivion as it would certainly cut out a lot of left-clicking.

Just picked up the Game of the Year edition for $20. Gotta wait later this week for my Windows XP Home disc to come in.

Well worth 20 bucks! The Tribunal expansion is a great addition to it and Bloodmoon isn't all that bad either, though a bit different. You'll get your money's worth and then some. :)