Sign in to follow this  
sQuid

Hello Again! Need New Rig For Son

@ wev...a BIG thumbs up. Thanks for the link.

I'll be interested in what you find. Thanks dude. I don't know diddly about the Power Chip. But I think I'm fixin' to find out. Thats what I love about this place.

EDIT: Hmmnn... wish i had the info in that link before i bought the ram. It looks like OCZ and Corsair still have a lot of Micron D9 in their stable. Then again, OCZ seems to be using powerchips in their high density sticks too...so maybe I'm not so concerned.

I think you'll find Powerchip IC's in many of the high density 2X2gb kits rated for those speeds. That particular kit you've picked out will work real well for you. It has excellent ratings at the Egg, and I believe it is the same exact kit that Praz has adopted as his defacto standard test kit these days (he'll come in and correct me if I'm wrong - but I'm sure I've read that around here somewhere).

You really don't need to fret over the Intel build. When I did my DFI 975X/G I was wondering what I might be getting myself into after so many years using AMD processors and nVidia chipset motherboards dating clear back to the NF2.

I can tell you, these Intel builds are a snap compared to some of the trials and tribulations you probably remember on your nVidia chipset boards.

Any problems give us a holler. Lots of happy and knowledgeable GB board users around here these days.

On my Gigabyte X38 board, C1E can reduce the processor clocks, but cannot reduce the cpu core voltage.

Hey wev I dont know that board and bios, but on mine using CnQ the voltage must set on Auto otherwise it doesn't change the voltage, only the multi. To get around this I have to use the vid special to keep the higher voltages and still use CnQ correctly. Like I said I dont know how that Giga board is laid out, its prob way different, but may be worth a shot.

OK, no more worrying (yea right)!

Now if newegg would drop the price on the DS3P, instead of raising it $10, I'll be all set to go. Newegg drives me crazy sometimes, I'm determined to buy it there so the Street gets the affiliate credit, but they are making it hard by pricing this board at $160 now - dang bustards!

Sign in to follow this