The Death of Windows XP is Coming!

Guest Lavell_merged

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an updated sale add from my Dell Small Business Account yesterday, and in bold letters it proclaimed;

"All Dell Desktops and Notebooks are available preconfigured with Genuine Windows XP"

Or something along those lines. Sounds like Dell is kicking up the heat :)

MS will probibly continue OEM type sales but i doubt the retail XP Pro boxes will be around past June.

DX10 is the leverage MS will continue to flex, basically if we want to keep gaming we have pay $$$ for Vista, its like the cost of a virtual XBOX console, only to dual boot... what a waste.

I for one bought a small PC for my kid which had Vista on it and I am one of the many who got rid of that straight away. They had Vista home on a AMD3500 and 512Mb of RAM, man opening solitaire was a horrible experience by itself, took nearly 3 mins to boot too.

There is still lots of revenue to had from XP, and I think that Windows 7 sales will be a lot higher because Vista didn't come through for them. So in 2010 alot of people will have used the same operating system for 9 years! I think then they will be ready for the change lol. I'm looking forward to maybe testing the betas of Windows 7, lets home we don't need super computers to use it.

I tried vista x64.

m-audio only has beta drivers for my card. I tried registering to get them, but never got an email. i gave up on that - xxxx you, m-audio!

then I tried installing the ones for my onboard sound. my m-audio is cheap, I doubt the D/A in it is any good anyway.. and I'm no premadonna, I just wanted to get some work done. I try to install the drivers for x64 for my board.

first of all, asus' website sucks cock. secondly, I got some random error while trying to install the sound drivers.

Then I tried out this program called dpc latency checker. it's to tell you how good, or bad, your computer is for realtime pro audio stuff.. like recording and using the comp for monitoring.

once I saw the comp rated with latency of 60-70 us in vista and 14-25 in xp, combined with the fact that I had no way of getting working sound without reading forums and ., I said, xxxx THAT! back to XP!

worse performance, harder to install drivers on.. why bother? if it were better performing, if I didn't have to do even MORE WORK THAN IN XP TO MAKE IT NOT LOOK HOMOSEXUAL, then yeah, I'd use it. XP is simple to make look like 2000.. in vista they've added even more . I have to get rid of to get windows 2000 ram usage/looks back. :(

getting a soundcard to work shouldn't require thought. this isn't linux, life isn't supposed to be difficult for the sake of getting into an elitist frathouse.

tNot to mention sound quality sucks to high heaven...only reason I havent touched it yet...

how does the OS effect sound quality opposed to the D/A and A/D conversion in your soundcard?

I just bought a little x2 Turion 2.Ghz 2GbRAM Toshiba laptop today that came with Vista home on it, and when I setup the user stuff and was going to desktop I right clicked my computer and wanted to look at the system properties and got an explorer error and do i want to send an error report, I just grinned and thought "Its XP for you sunshine" lol"