Soprano FX mods?

OK, so it seems I'm a lucky bastard :D, as I won a Soprano FX (and a V1 CPU cooler) in the "Lucky DuOrb" contest Thermaltake had:

http://duorb.thermaltake.com/

So, I'm debating whether of not I should replace my Lian Li. I mean, I love the PC-A10B, but the top area where the motherboard goes is a little cramped, and the only option I have for the triple radiator is the external mount across the top (I don't have enough room for a RadBox on the back on my desk). Part of the decision to go with the Soprano FX is if I can work in the triple rad somewhere else. Here's the case:

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis...x/vh1000bws.asp

Outside Inside Rear

So currently, my thoughts are to install the radiator in the bottom of the case (which may not be possible with my plans to go CrossFireX), or to mount the radiator in the front behind the mesh. I would be using a Swiftech MCR320-QP-K rad, which should be slim enough to fit in the 5.25" bays (it's 5 1/16" wide). I am thinking about installing it so the barbs are at the top, and place the barbs behind the movable Power/Rest switches/3.5" bay, and locate them in the second bay from the top. That should leave the top bay open for a DVD drive. I might make a custom panel to cover the fans & rad instead of the stock bat covers. However, I may have to just use the Dual Rad I have instead, but if I were to cool a Quad core, X38 chipset and an HD3870X2 (or two!) I don't think that will be big enough. :(

My other mod idea would be to remove the HDD bays at the top/rear of the case, and install a Swiftech MicroRes & fill port back there. My four Seagate-drive raid array will have to go in a converter bay.

Anyone else have ideas or suggestions?

first and foremost.. you are one lucky bloody bastard lol.. I give you props for winning hehehe.. 2nd.. I did the 240 radiator on the bottom before on a tsunami but you lost pci's slots and options for SLI in some cases.. then again mine was a mid-tower.. lol.. I would suggest modding the top for triple rad.. The front mount radiator would be a plus due to the mesh in the front if you don't run into clearance problems.. Looking forward to see you mod it lol.. subscribed.. :P

If I add the radiator to the top, I will need to rework the PSU mount as well. I wouldn't mind losing the ports on the top because I would be able to add them to the front panel with some modding. Of course, I would need to do some measuring once it gets here to find out if there is even enough room on the top for the PSU, the radiator and the fans.

How about putting taller feet onto the case and placing the RAD under the case.

Are you volunteering to design and build a Radobase? :spam: lol

I would probably place the rad inside tha case, then place the fans inside the base. I have some Yate Loon UV LED fans that could light up the base nicely.

When can you get started?

LOL

Right now I'm too busy.

After I finish up my Master's thesis I still have to make 2 for Carl.

If you want I'll make the plans but you'll have to do the fabrication.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it seems I'm going to be drowning in cases now. Aside from my original Lian Li and the Soprano FX, I have two other high-end cases (which shall remain nameless for the time being ;) ). So I'm not going to persue any mods to this case. Just wanted to thank everyone for their input, and hopefully I'll have something else to mod for you in the near future.