Thermaltake BigWater 760i

Javve

I would not recommend ThermalTake watercooling components; their performance is very sub-par compared to quality components. Further, cheap H2O manufactures tend to use aluminum in their radiators and/or blocks, which results in corrosion issues (reacts with the copper in the blocks)

If you're already considering putting a radiator into the roof of your case, then why not just get quality components and piece your own loop together.

The only brands I'd recommend for watercooling components are: DangerDen, Swiftech, EK-Waterblocks, D-Tek, Thermochill, Hardware Labs, and LIANG.

Thanks for the quick reply. I imagine the temp difference in that review would be even lower with a good watercooling setup. It looks like someone doing stock speeds or a little overclock that wants something simple and quick to setup would benefit from the TT. You got me wondering what their rad is made from. One review did say they went with better quality parts rather than flimsy flashy looking components, such as a solid copper waterblock versus their acrylic waterblock cover that their last attempt had.

I posted quite a long time ago about putting watercooling in a compact case. At the time I was looking at an XQpack, but have since found a much better candidate. That will be for another thread though ;)

It looks like someone doing stock speeds or a little overclock that wants something simple and quick to setup would benefit from the TT.

They'd still be better off with a good Heatpipe cooler (e.g. Tuniq or Thermalright Ultra-120) as that's about the performance that a TT or Koolance (or other cheap kit for that matter) kit would offer; and yet the heatpipes are a lot less expensive. The only reason I can see why people would consider cheap H2O is for the bling factor.

Basiclly for the same price you could get the Swiftech H20-220 Kit. It has a much better DDC pump, a better Appogee based block and a better 2x120mm rad. The Kit you mentioned has a little single 120mm rad, a crappy looking block, and what looks to be a weak little MAG pump. For about the same price you can get better components and better temps.

I owned a thermaltake bigwater.. Seriously spend a bit more and get a swifttech single rad.. U will get sweet temps and its more compact.. Quality in thermaltake h20 stuff isnt very good so i would definatly spend a bit more on a swftech kit or whatnot..

Thanks for the replay. I've been also knocking around the idea of going all out and TEC'ing it using swiftech's tec blocks (already setup so less area for me to error) :nod:

The ones I am thinking of are on the swiftnets.com website. One thing I would definitely be doing is taking the cover off the aux psu, removing that fan, making a bigger hold and putting a bigger fan on the outside in its place (aligning with the top of the case), so it go the ambient air from outside the case, or using a side 120mm fan spot in a case I have thrown around using....

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx...N82E16811146043

The side fan location gives some space where no drives, boards, or anything would be.

Otherwise:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx...N82E16811156078

or:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811294001

Of course I know the TT would not work in the compact, as I definitally would not have any more spots for drives! It was more for opinions from those that have experiance.

nice choices.. the smaller case is going a pain in the butt when you do watercooling.. The smilodon case is very nice and very easy to wiremanagement since both door opens and the 2nd door is connected to the motherboard tray.. (My friend has this case and we watercooled it.. pretty sick).. The tagan is basically a lian li copy and its very nice design if you don't mind the big size.. but very awesome when you have all the space in the world for a watercool built.. (I have the lian li copy lol.. working project atm.. :sweat:)