I dont know really where this best fits...

CrAsHnBuRnXp

But why hasnt DFI released their version of the 680i, 780i and 790i SLi boards? I would definitely buy one.

And anyone know what happened to DFI-Club? It brings me to an unrelated portal page that wasnt there just a few days ago.

Thanks.

Works fine for me.

http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/index.php

And they're usually behind other manufacturers on boards. They aren't nearly as big as Asus/Gigabyte, so apparently concentrated more on the Intel chipset than nvidias. Who knows, maybe nvidia was being a dick about getting them chipsets to work with.

Edit:

Okay, so 4 seconds after I posted it they pulled their site down. Either updating the servers or adding/changing functions of the forum. Happens every so often to even the best of them.

I'm running a DFI 680i board so that's certainly been released; but is apparently no longer in production and thus not available.

Keep in mind that DFI does not release boards for each chipset made; they're mostly restricted to enthusiast oriented chipsets, and when they do release them it's generally quite some time after offerings from other manufacturer's emerge on the market.

As dr_bowtie said, we are not affiliated with DFI and as such cannot provide any insight about future products other than what has already been announced by DFI.

The 780i should be available in the next few weeks. The portal page you are seeing is being is being worked on. It's only showing up depending on the routing through the net.

I'm waiting for the 790i, if/when it's released?

The portal page is confusing :confused: I can't even get to DFI forums, but a nice link to some "club's", LOL. Definitely needs some work.

we cant really answer any of those questions as we are NO longer affiliated with DFI...sorry

I knew you werent but I still figured someone may know.

Try Motherboardpro, that's where I bought the 780.

I got my x38 board from them. I didnt want a 780i in general but a DFI based one. :)

Reason I ask this is because I am actually debating SLi. Not sure if its really worth it for me though. That and I remembered DFI did their Lanparty UT nF4 based boards in SLi.

I'm running a DFI 680i board so that's certainly been released; but is apparently no longer in production and thus not available.

Keep in mind that DFI does not release boards for each chipset made; they're mostly restricted to enthusiast oriented chipsets, and when they do release them it's generally quite some time after offerings from other manufacturer's emerge on the market.

As dr_bowtie said, we are not affiliated with DFI and as such cannot provide any insight about future products other than what has already been announced by DFI.

I was never aware of a DFI 680i. Had I known that, I wouldn't have gotten my EVGA at the time. When was it released?

I am aware that they arent going to release in every chipset market, but I figured they might since SLi is targeted more towards gamers and enthusiasts.

The 780i should be available in the next few weeks. The portal page you are seeing is being is being worked on. It's only showing up depending on the routing through the net.

This is good news for me if I do decide to go with SLi. :)

As for the portal page, I linked a few friends the website and one said it was broken, one got the same result as me with a pretty good lookin blonde on the front page, and one got through just fine. Any change you guys are running Linksys routers? Just curious.

I'm waiting for the 790i, if/when it's released?

The portal page is confusing :confused: I can't even get to DFI forums, but a nice link to some "club's", LOL. Definitely needs some work.

790i is already out on Newegg. I think one or two Asus boards, an XFX, and an EVGA. All DDR3.

I was never aware of a DFI 680i. Had I known that, I wouldn't have gotten my EVGA at the time. When was it released?

It was released around May 2007; I ordered mine in September, and IIRC it was already out of production by the end of the year.

It was released around May 2007; I ordered mine in September, and IIRC it was already out of production by the end of the year.

I didnt upgrade until August last year yet I never saw it on Newegg or anywhere else acutally. Didnt check motherboardpro.com however. Didnt know about it at the time.

I ordered mine from Newegg at the end of September and I know they had it in stock for several months before that (I had been keeping an eye on it since the release but didn't upgrade until the beginning of October).