Hoping to do new build, feedback appreciated.

Bill_v

If I buy a particular piece of hardware it should perform at the specifications, voltages, clock speeds etc. that the mfg. has stated it will operate at. If I CHOOSE to go beyond those specifications then the consequences of those decisions rest soley upon my shoulders.

Yup, that is what I was alluding to (not wanting to RMA something I torched from overclocking it). I didn't OC my 3500+ until the prices had dropped by $100+, since by then I could more easily eat the replacement cost if I ruined it.

Let us know how it turns out. :)

It's put together and wow is this thing fast or what!

I'm impressed by how near-silent the Corsair PSU is!

The cores run at 47 and 49 celsius running dual prime according to Real Temp, with the Zalman fan controller set at just under 50% throttle. If I research more and find that those temps are a bit high, I'll speed the fan up - at the moment I'm enjoying the novelty of a quiet system.

I won't be OC'ing this for the time being.

Thanks again everyone for their feedback.

Your temperatures are just fine under load. No worries there.

Congrats on the new build. Glad that you're pleased. Of course you did all your homework and that goes a long ways towards a trouble free build.

The last few Intel builds I've done have been a snap. Nothing like the headaches of the DFI NF4 days.