Best gaming monitor?

Neural_Overload

i have a samsung 2232bw and totally love it

samsung makes great lcd's and you wont be disappointed

there isnt much of a difference in brands we use huh?

Seems either we have great taste and know what we are doing (kinda).

Or we have been duped big time and are being guided like sheep!

I'd like to think that we all did our homework before buying and made educated decisions.

Truth of the matter is that there are only a handful of mfg. of the actual screens lurking behind all of that plastic and those sometimes confusing buttons.

Best advice is to do your homework. Don't discount a value brand just because they are lower priced. In many cases they will have the same exact screen as a much higher priced brand, but missing some of the add-on goodies like rotating screens, adjustable height, built in USB ports yada yada yada.

I hate to bring AG into this discussion, but he recently purchased an Acer LCD and by all accounts he is totally enamored with it. Again, not discounting the outstanding LCD's available from Samsung, but there are lots of other options too.

I have two questions:

1)Would there be any noticeable difference between a monitor with a 5ms response time as opposed to one with a 2ms response time? For example, the BenQ G2400W has a 5ms response time and the Samsung 2253BW has a 2ms response time.

2) Is the BenQ G2400W really worth the $100 price jump from the Samsung 2253BW?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824014158 VS. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824001268

My advice on that one is probably not a big noticeble difference. I went from a 19 inch lg lcd with 8ms response time. And i cant tell the difference. But that is something that you will have to decide for yourself. I would try and set those to up beside eachother or go somewhere where they have screens setup. And see for yourself. If it looks just as pretty as the 2ms one then get the 5ms.

Again everyone has there own opinion. I really like the monitor i have and it is 2ms.

I would choose the 24" over the 22", you're GTX could handle it. Find out out the specs on the panels but any response time below 12ms should be fine for gaming unless you have freaky superman vision.

I am an avid gamer. I bought the Samsung 226BW (22"). The color is perfect in Ubuntu, Gutsy Gibon 7.10 and XP Pro, using my 7900GTX. I recommend it highly. Any problems that there may have been in the past, appear to have been fixed.