Intel Warrantee

EdLSmith

I just lost my lunch. Intel cuistomer service tech informed me that no warrantee support is given for any item purchased through Ebay.

I recently purcghased a QX9650 Boxed retail subject to a 3 year Intel warrantee. I had a problem and contacted Intel cuistomer service to learn this. I informed him it was brand new sealed PIB and he again stated they wouild not provide warrantee service for any intel product purchased through Ebay. WOW! Anyone else had this problem with Intel?

I'd call back and speak to someone else. Customer service these days is a shame, a dirty shame. If you got a sealed PIB and have all the original packaging and serial number what difference does it make what store you bought it from? It's an Intel product and Intel will stand behind their products.

Shouldn't have mentioned Ebay at all, just do what the Dr said, get the purchase info from the seller and phone them again. Im surprised you ever thought that any warranty would cover Ebay, unless it was a transferable warranty like XFX give then no one is going to honor a warranty when its being sold over the net second hand. Was the CPU defective or are you just covering your bases if it one day becomes that way? Its a hell of a lot of money to trust to Ebay bro, got to be the best part of a grand:eek:

Just because it's sold on Ebay doesn't mean it's second hand though, many online shops also have online stores on Ebay. It's just another means of selling products. If you can get an invoice you should be fine though.

Brand new and sealed - where you purchased it shouldn't matter. I would think that a paypal payment would suffice as its similar to a credit card statement. You might want to check the warranty as it could have a clause regarding EBay purchases - not sure how you stand legally on that.