Sign in to follow this  
dingnecros

Possibly a bad flash - need help recovering

just flashed my motherboard with its latest F11 version from gigabyte website. I also cleared the cmos using the jumper on motherboard.

Now my keyboard does not get detected. It does not give me a keyboard not found error but during post process the bios asks me to confirm if I want to load the defaults and to confirm I have to press F1 and since the keyboard does not get detected I cannot proceed... I have tried reebooting a few times but it still keeps asking me for a confirmation

I have tried the keyboard in all the usb ports as well as tried using a ps2 keyboard but to no gain.

any idea what I could do next to recover from this state. If I can just proceed from that annoying f1 to continue then I can at least boot up to an floppy and do a autoexec.bat flash

Here is a link to the board on gigabyte website. The board is a GA 8I945P-G

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Pro...ew.aspx?ProductID=1906

Borrow a ps2 keyboard from a friend or get a usb to ps2 adapter to plug in the ps2 keyboard port on your computer. Ps2 keyboards have been recommended for dfi boards in the past.

Borrow a ps2 keyboard from a friend or get a usb to ps2 adapter to plug in the ps2 keyboard port on your computer. Ps2 keyboards have been recommended for dfi boards in the past.

No need to borrow I already have a PS2 keyboard and I tried it with that to no luck moreover its not a DFI its a gigabyte board 8I945P-G

Please post a sig with the complete system specs as this will make it easier for us to help out.

have you tried an extended clear CMOS as well?

Yeah we need to know whats in your whole system, get rid of soundcards and extra HDD's anything non essential, reseat all your components and just one stick of RAM if you are using two or try different slots. Its all guesswork at the moment, its a strange problem.

Was there any issues that made you want to update the BIOS?

Ah, Gigabyte boards... I feel your pain. I am trying to remember exactly what I did( I had a similar problem with my keyboard not being detected).

Did you remove the battery when you cleared your cmos?

Also, remove everything from your board except your video card, cpu and one stick of RAM.

Very finicky those Gigabytes.

Good luck.