Sign in to follow this  
uneedav8

9800 Gx2

Well considering the fact that I am going through the step up program through evga the GX2 is my best option atm. Well the other question that I should have asked does anyone think it would be safe to use a 6 pin to 8 pin adapter? The funny thing is that the BFG card in the review at guru3d came with a 6 pin to 8 pin adapter.

Considering that the two extra pins are grounds, I can't see why it would hurt to use the adapter.

Well the other question that I should have asked does anyone think it would be safe to use a 6 pin to 8 pin adapter?

Let us know how it works out.

Early drivers for this card has shown NO GO. I'm hoping the drivers will mature to see a much better performance gain. If this card isn't all that as it was rumored to be i would just get 2xGT's and put them in SLI, which would be cheaper even. Just my opinion....

Still would have rather seen a 9800GTX.......

I believe the Anandtech article stated that the 9800 single cards would be available in April.

Sucks. I am in the step up process (just waiting for my payment on my internetz credit card to go through) and the only reason I got by is due to their extended step-up process. Figures, my step-up ended march 20th, the card came out around what? the 25th? lol. I'm not much of an overclocking-elitist, but I will try to see how she does.