Keyboard + Pepsi Max

paulktreg

I'm not arguing, just saying that I've done it many times with no ill effect. Sure hope I don't get banned over something that silly.

there's a reason why we sometimes say "don't recommend it even if you do it" because of the obvious answer:

some dumbass will do it and then classy lady about how it ruined his

just because YOU like to stick a loaded gun in your pants and walk around like a wanna-be gangsta doesn't mean you need to be telling others to do it

just because YOU think you are a better driver when drunk/stoned/whatever doesn't mean you need to be telling others it's ok to do

just because YOU think piracy is ok and do it yourself doesn't mean you need to be telling others to do it (or how to do it)

just because YOU know how to solder a 1500um capacitor to your motherboard to increase vcore doesn't mean you should recommend it and say it's perfectly safe

common sense man, I know you got more than most around here...use it wisely...putting ANYTHING in a dishwasher that isn't 100% dishwasher safe is a dumb thing to recommend (and you can trust me on the FACT that whole keyboards and dishwashers = bad combination...I've been there, done that)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't use the dishwasher. Best to try and swill it around in a bath of luke warm water. Let it dry properly and then give it a whirl. If it doesn't work then you're at the worse case scenario regarding your keyboard, if it does work then great. In either case you still have a teenager on your hands - good luck with that.

Don't use the dishwasher. Best to try and swill it around in a bath of luke warm water. Let it dry properly and then give it a whirl. If it doesn't work then you're at the worse case scenario regarding your keyboard, if it does work then great. In either case you still have a teenager on your hands - good luck with that.

I'm pretty sure this will be shot down for the same reason mine was :P

Electronics + Waters

*sigh*

the KEYS, when removed, can be almost nuked and they won't melt or distort.

it's the INSIDES of the keyboard that are not nearly as hardy...the flimsy rubber/silicon mat, the ps/2 cable, the thin plastic housing, etc.

KEYS can be removed and put anywhere (I ALWAYS put the keyboard keys in my dishwasher to be cleaned). The rest of the keyboard...someone suggested a toothbrush and a bit of cleaning agent or water (not to dump on the keyboard but to keep the toothbrush damp to help remove the...goop or whatever)

Teenager - Cell Phone = Trouble!

That's probably the best punishment you can give her. If your daughter offered to pay, I'd say she sounds like a good girl and she doesn't need to. But since she's giving you attitude, I'd take her cell phone away from her for a month. If she wants to buy you a new keyboard (of equal value) than I'd give her the phone back when you get the keyboard.

Kids don't need you to be their friend, they have plenty of those. They need you to throw out discipline when required. If done right, those are the things your kid will remember, especially when she is trying to raise her own brat.

again...NEVER put anything electronic in water...NEVER. (never suggest it to others if you do it yourself)

Guess this means I need to find a different way to clean motherboards after sub-zero runs. :)

Guess this means I need to find a different way to clean motherboards after sub-zero runs. :)

lol do you use water? or like Rgone some sort of non-H20 cleaner (he was crazy and used Carburetor Cleaner?

I think some are missing the point (the point being DO NOT TELL OTHERS TO USE WATER ON ELECTRONICS or DO NOT TELL OTHERS TO PUT PLASTIC + ELECTRONICS IN A 200°F DISHWASHER).

You however, are crazy and can do whatever you want (privilege comes with age?) But I know you wouldn't recommend something like that to others (knowing people are sorta morons generally and will rush out to try things they read in a forum...remember the "voltage mods" for NF2 boards and the NF4? disaster...)

ok ok, let me AMEND the statement:

EVERYONE BUT PRAZ SHOULD NOT RECOMMEND PUTTING ELECTRONICS IN WATER lol

I'm not recommending it but they do come out looking brand new. Afterward I spray them down with an industrial water dispersing drying agent and let them air dry. Not a good idea to leave them in the dishwasher for the drying cycle.

ok ok, let me AMEND the statement:

EVERYONE BUT PRAZ SHOULD NOT RECOMMEND PUTTING ELECTRONICS IN WATER lol

So wait, if he tells me it's cool then it's okay?

I'm getting mixed messages here! :D

Edit:

I'm not recommending it...

Aww...:(