E8400-Temps Air Only..

Hey Kandoo, What program are you using to monitor temps? I tried both Realtemp and Coretemp. There is a 10C difference between the 2 with Realtemp being the lower one. My cpu idle temps are 40C with Realtemp and 50C with Coretemp. Load temps with Coretemp are 65C and Realtemp 10C less. Still not sure which one is the most accurate.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading about Realtemp at http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2809778

it seems Unclewebb, the creator of Realtemp, has done a lot of research that he documents at the site. Some are saying that this is the most accurate monitor for the 45nm processors.

yes paint that is what i use, Also the Asus pc probe II that came with my mobo software is showing the same readings as Realtemp. Core temp is way off and my cpu is not supported with TAT (i could not find a update or newer version of TAT).

Originally I said that my idle and load temps were both 10C higher with Coretemp. After double checking the results between realtemp and coretemp I found that my load temps were just slightly less on Realtemp while my idle temps were 10C less.