X38 or 780i

Wise council Branjo.

Dark, unless you're into spending money I'd definitely follow Branjo's advice and give your current power supply a trial run. No reason it shouldn't be adequate for the job at hand.

Of the other two, you just have to take price into consideration too. PC Power&Cooling brands GREAT PSU's - and you pay for it.

I've had several OCZ branded PSU's and EVERY one of them has been splendid. Of the bunch my original 520W Powerstream and my latest 700W GameXStream were the cream of the crop. Now, I was surprised when I pulled the GameXStream out of the box because the first impression was a disappointment in comparison to when I opened up that brand new PowerStream. But when I actually put the sucker to work, I found out that first impressions don't ALWAYS last. I still have that 700W GameXStream and wouldn't part with it for the world.

Couldn't agree more! Got the same PSU for a second year now and love it!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my p5E works great, and the NB cooler is not to big or get in the way, Granted it is a MATX steup :D but i paid for the whole rig in my system (except for videocard) for around 500 bucks and it kicks butt for what i want....Gaming, hooking up to the TV and downloading and running movies and playing more games on the 42" LCD boob tube. :D

X38 without a question. It will support the newest processor from INTEL's line up, and besides you don't get that option for the 780i, so alot of people that have bought that board are pretty much screwed. HO HO HO