X38 or 780i

Once the GTS comes in, ill OC them and see if my comp acts strangely. Im sure the Mushkin can power the Q6700 but when i OC i can see something arising. Thanks all!

I no iv been asking alot of questions, but its gonna be a major purchase and dont want anything to go wrong.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions is what this place is all about dude, and the smart person asks as many questions as possible. Its the dumb people who buy various parts and complain when they have no idea about compatibility of the things they bought.

Before I bought my rig I hounded everyone here for info and help to zero in on what would suit me best. They didn't let me down one bit, I'm still buzzed when I hit that power button everyday.

Your PSU will handle the CPU without a doubt overclocked or not, its only the cards I would be weary about but only real world experience will tell you if its enough or not and as I have only one card and a less powerful PSU than you and I think my power level has nearly been reached with adding performance fans and 4 HDD's but she just ticks along nicely. You know you at least have to try it with the Mushkin if its not enough then you'll know for sure before you go out and buy a $150 PSU that might not be necessary.

Good luck bro and welcome to the DarkSide....sorry, had to say that lol

I dont own a multimeter, but i can check in everest right? or speedfan.

Also, could i get that Thermaltake Purepower 250watt that goes in the CD drive area? To give dedicated power to the GPU's?

I never trust anything but a good multimeter but that just me! :)

I checked the site, man your not given a lot of choices there. I think if the price is right for you then that Mobo/CPU combo would be sweet. Its very new tech and not that many people have them in their sigs so you might have to wait for solutions to any problems that arise but thats the way with all new stuff. Just do some research on RAM compatibility and you should be cool. Newegg would own Canada for PC parts if they would just ship there.

There is a combo deal on tigerdirect.ca

Q6700/780i for $500

Looks good!

I checked the site, man your not given a lot of choices there. I think if the price is right for you then that Mobo/CPU combo would be sweet. Its very new tech and not that many people have them in their sigs so you might have to wait for solutions to any problems that arise but thats the way with all new stuff. Just do some research on RAM compatibility and you should be cool. Newegg would own Canada for PC parts if they would just ship there.

There is some people over at the BlazingPC.com with the 780i mobos? You may want to check it out if you get into problems with it.

Nice, you won't be disappointed, yeah bro that 640Mb is all your gonna need for a hell of a while. The money can be better used for more important stuff, Like RAM or a nice HSF.

I bet if ASUS try really hard they might be able to get another HeatSink on that board..lol

Looks like a good one.

If it were me I think I would go with the PC Power & Cooling 750w. Either are awesome PSU's with great reviews so if price is an issue I don't see a problem going with the OCZ.

I have an OCZ myself and I am nothing but pleased with it.

Infact I would hazard a guess that your Mushkin would be fine for the new setup if it can handle 2 x 88's now ok. Don't rule it out yet as you might not even need a new one, unless your already having power related problems that is.

Infact I would hazard a guess that your Mushkin would be fine for the new setup if it can handle 2 x 88's now ok. Don't rule it out yet as you might not even need a new one, unless your already having power related problems that is.

Wise council Branjo.

Dark, unless you're into spending money I'd definitely follow Branjo's advice and give your current power supply a trial run. No reason it shouldn't be adequate for the job at hand.

Of the other two, you just have to take price into consideration too. PC Power&Cooling brands GREAT PSU's - and you pay for it.

I've had several OCZ branded PSU's and EVERY one of them has been splendid. Of the bunch my original 520W Powerstream and my latest 700W GameXStream were the cream of the crop. Now, I was surprised when I pulled the GameXStream out of the box because the first impression was a disappointment in comparison to when I opened up that brand new PowerStream. But when I actually put the sucker to work, I found out that first impressions don't ALWAYS last. I still have that 700W GameXStream and wouldn't part with it for the world.