Speaker build.

diff_lock

WOAH, parts express, that site has tons of info, I am going to spend some time reading up over there, thanks. I have tons of documentation on speakers, but they wander off talking about concepts I can not grasp.

A speakerbuilder who hasn't heard of parts express?!? :eek:

:)

WOAH, parts express, that site has tons of info, I am going to spend some time reading up over there, thanks. I have tons of documentation on speakers, but they wander off talking about concepts I can not grasp.

very true....even the info you get can be a little overwhelming....the hardest part is getting and enclosure to match the speaker...not the other way around...

matching the xmas of a speaker to that of what a particualr enclosure can handle is the best part for finding optimum sound with out muddying up the bass...

people really dont understand all the specs of a speaker and usually just go with the ones offering the most bass or highs and run with it and then it ends up sounding like crap....

I have heard highs so out of sync it gives you a migraine...

I bought 4 Daytons from them and modded cabinets to fit and mounted them in my shop....I have them mounted cross directional so the bass hits the hardest in the middle of the shop....

when you crank it up 1/2 way it will still flutter your hair on the bass beat if you catch the wave path....kinda cool...;)

I added a woofer (with a low pass, or what ever cuts of high freq, passive filter).

Untitled-asdasdasdasdasdt33331.jpg

Yes there is more bass, but there is also crossfade.

The main woofer is connected to both channels, and each of the tubes runs in series to one of the channels going to the main woofer.