So... I bought a Lian Li..

Due to my evergrowing collection of hard drives, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a Lian Li VB-2000 Plus. I ordered it from xoxide.com and got in yesterday but couldn't mess with it due to the fact i had to help install some headlights. (sorry went offtopic lol) I know.. I know its another Lian Li..

Here's the box in came in. My GOD this thing was huge.

dsc00447aey4.jpg

After the box was taken off.. packaging was very nice.. :eek2:

dsc00449axi9.jpg

Wow.. the case is probably the cleanest.. well built i ever seen.. craftsmanship was just insane.. :sweat:

dsc00452ahp0.jpg

Let's take a quick peek inside shall we?.. Wow.... sexyness.. so much space.. *drools*.. :eek:

dsc00453aqs0.jpg

Just check out that rear end.. mhhhhhhhmm rofl..

dsc00454aeh1.jpg

Well.. next task.. move out of the old case to the new case lol.. technically I think I can stick my old case inside the new one lol..

dsc00456aor0.jpg

Anyone got any suggestions for a dual 120mm radiator mount? I shall be brainstorming today lol..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the thermaltake aqua tmg2.. any suggestions? I would go buy a new rad but I really don't want to spend more money.. :sad:

How thick is it?

Keep in mind you could always go back to air for a month or two until you can afford the right gear for such a nice case. :)

okay i take ur advice.. i'll hold off on swapping.. but wats the performance of a trip rad v.s. a double rad? and if you have any suggestions.. This is to cool cpu and chip set. Since i don't want to change rad's and etc.. lets go new rad lol.. later i think dan's gonna make me buy a whole lot of new stuff.:sad all good lets spend some money rofl..

okay i take ur advice.. i'll hold off on swapping.. but wats the performance of a trip rad v.s. a double rad? and if you have any suggestions.. This is to cool cpu and chip set. Since i don't want to change rad's and etc.. lets go new rad lol.. later i think dan's gonna make me buy a whole lot of new stuff.:sad all good lets spend some money rofl..

Well a triple rad isn't necessary by any means, even a new one isn't. I was just thinking that there are some slimmer designs available that might let you fit it in the top of the case without interfering much with your board. I think UncleDavid may have done something similar but I don't recall for sure.

What are your ultimate goals for the system? Performance? Silence?

In any case, what I'd probably do is put it on the top of the case as far forward as you can.

Well a triple rad isn't necessary by any means, even a new one isn't. I was just thinking that there are some slimmer designs available that might let you fit it in the top of the case without interfering much with your board. I think UncleDavid may have done something similar but I don't recall for sure.

What are your ultimate goals for the system? Performance? Silence?

In any case, what I'd probably do is put it on the top of the case as far forward as you can.

Well for one thing, i really don't mind buying the new rad because the old rad is quite alot thicker then the new thermaltake design. I really don't want the rad to interfere with the motherboard.. But I rather have a balance for between the two. :eek:

Check this out:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1240/cas...ml?tl=g45#blank

Perhaps you can get some ideas from this.

wow 600 bucks for that mod rofl.. yeah that looks very clean i lose about 4 hardrive slots with that.. hmm.. i could live with that.. would the computer air temp drastically reduce peformance? or should i stick to outside ambient air?:eek2: i starting to think about the triple rad now lol..