Sign in to follow this  
PLATOON

780i Q6600 @3.6ghz On Air!

I have been burned on liquid cooling before so on this build I decided to go all air cooling. I did not think I could stay cool with a High OC, but I have been very surprised, thanks to a Q6600 that runs 9x1600 stable at 1.48 volts, a Tuniq HSF, and a cool master cosmos S case with 6 120mm fans. I have 3Dmarked at 17902 and have been playing COD4 for a couple days now without any problems or crashes. w00t

Does anyone know if SuperPI will work on 64bit vista? It starts up but stops working even at stock settings. It doesnt fail the test, it program just freezes and then I get a message from vista saying it stopped working. Any ideas?

Damn these Tuniq's look good, I haven't heard a bad thing about them yet. 49C load @ 1.48v is pretty damn good if you ask me.

Hello

I was wondering what a safe voltage level for the Q6600 is. In order to get mine stable at 3.4Ghz, it requires 1.50v. CPU-Z indicates a v-droop around 50mV; 1.504v at idle and 1.450 at load. I was wondering if there was a way to minimize this so that I don't have to apply such insane voltages just to have enough during load.

Yeah I get about that much of a droop also, 1.5v is actually its highest "safe" Vcore but obviously given low temps a lot of people go past it. I haven't had mine past 1.42v as my temps hit 60C and I want this sucker to last. What temps are you getting at 1.5v???

I have been burned on liquid cooling before so on this build I decided to go all air cooling. I did not think I could stay cool with a High OC, but I have been very surprised, thanks to a Q6600 that runs 9x1600 stable at 1.48 volts, a Tuniq HSF, and a cool master cosmos S case with 6 120mm fans. I have 3Dmarked at 17902 and have been playing COD4 for a couple days now without any problems or crashes. w00t

Does anyone know if SuperPI will work on 64bit vista? It starts up but stops working even at stock settings. It doesnt fail the test, it program just freezes and then I get a message from vista saying it stopped working. Any ideas?

Since we've got the same board, I was wondering if you could fill me in on the rest of your voltages in the BIOS....i.e. how far did you bump the MCP and the vFSB?

Thanks in advance