Ack Dead Pixel just showed up!!

pkilway

Turned on my 5 month old Samsung monitor (model in the sig), and noticed that one pixel is now BRIGHT RED - looks like a very small laser pointer is being shined on it.

I'm shocked and dismayed that this dead pixel (at least I'm assuming it's a dead pixel) is almost in the dead center of my LCD screen - so it CAN'T be ignored.

Is there any way to recover dead pixels? Can I flash the firmware of the LCD monitor to see if it will respond/recover? I'm at a loss, this thing showed up out of no where and is front and centore on my display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

It's a stuck pixel. Dead pixels are black. Stuck pixels can be recoverable if you attend to them quickly enough. There are some programs out there that flash very fast patterns of color in an attempt to relieve the stuck pixel. Just Google and you should be able to find a few. You can also press on the stuck pixel with a blunt object, which has worked for me in the past. Eraser, or the like.

Nah, it's fairly common. I have 13 stuck pixels on my 24" LCD, but I I don't ever notice them. The only three you can see are to the left and down of middle. The rest are small enough that they aren't visible, unless I put my nose up to the screen. I do plan on executing my warranty though, because LG will replace your unit if you have 12+ stuck pixels. Their dead pixel policy is a bit different.

My Olevia 542i HDTV, which I just picked up two days ago, has one stuck pixel and one dead pixel. They are both quite noticeable, so I will be getting a replacement soon. Luckily the store I purchased it from has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Thanks for the tip. I Googled "stuck pixel" and came up with a combination of a winning solution (damp cloth massage and a pixel "exercise" program).

All fixed and lookign great again!