Military Agreement

Dougman

But the more interesting bit is that it is ILLEGAL for the United States Military to operate within the borders of the United States (this is the National Guard's job in times of civil unrest etc).

I think that is the bottom line to this whole topic.

I think people forget on how our democracy is supposed to work. It is so much easier to get lost in our internet personal lives than deal with confrontations. If they don't effect us here and now why worry about it, seems to be a major downfall of the american population. The American citizens are the United States of America not the politicians. We vote them in and pay their salaries to represent us not to dictate us.

Has The United States of America which is We The People been mislead by a elected politician in office? You bet your butt we have! Does it make me any less patriotic then the guy that thinks I shouldn't question politicians integrity. No I don't think so. I know how many letters and emails I sent to congress this month about different issues. I just don't believe it is patriotic to follow elected officials blindly. It clearly undermines our democracy if you leave it up to the next generation to deal with issues that are facing us here and now.

I think it is naive to think if I don't support Bush then I don't support our troops. Bush is just a man that represents us and his term is ending soon. The troops will be there to protect us as they had in the past and present, long after he is out of office. God Bless our troops I never have disrespected them. I just think people have a twisted way of thinking which is quite a naive way of thinking at that.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being patriotic IS questioning EVERY SINGLE THING your government does (with suspicion)

if you don't do this, and just blindly follow along with government decisions...you aren't a patriot. You are a sheep and you deserve to be led to the slaughter.

I have the utmost respect for our troops. they are much braver than I could ever fantasize about being. Doesn't mean I have to like what they are doing. I wish they would accidentally drive the hummer into a river and drown while bush and cheney were both inside (touching each other's private parts in gay lusty debauchery most likely).

the world we live in (USA) now is too polarized. too many douchebags scream in your face you support terrorists if you don't agree with their opinion...and funny thing is, it ain't even their opinion. People listen to stupid talking heads like O'Reilly (a confirmed liar), Limbaugh (a confirmed liar and dope addict), Dobson (the faith of the family dumbass who wrote a paper for the bush administration claiming that homosexuals were being "recruited" at age 5 as well as claiming that just being friends with or even being in the same room as a homosexual will make YOU a homosexual), etc.

Hey, shitbags...how about get an opinion from your own mind instead of just repeating like a sheep what talking head douchebags on teh radio/tv repeat to incite hate and division?

nah, that would be like...too hard...because religion teaches us to just xxxxing obey instead of question, so now does politics.

I hope al queada wins the election and we all are forced to become muslims and live by Sharia law. Well, ONLY if I can do the multiple wives thing (and make them walk 3 feet behind me!)

If they don't effect us here and now why worry about it, seems to be a major downfall of the american population.

It's interesting that you bring this up because this is exactly what I feel a majority of people who oppose this war are doing. Being shortsighted is one thing, refusing to think about just what we may have avoided ten years from now is another. And we'll never know. We live with the choices we made.

FYI, I don't feel misled about anything. If that's the way you feel...well then that's the way you feel I guess. Not much to be done about it until the next President comes in and makes some remarks and you can feel misled by him/her instead.

being patriotic IS questioning EVERY SINGLE THING your government does (with suspicion)

Wrong.

Patriotism is the support of your nation. This doesn't mean that you have to blindly follow it, it means that you question the things that NEED questioning. It means that you support the protocols that are made for the good of the nation. Why do you think Presidents age so quickly in office? Because it's a stressful xxxxing job! Because making decision that will permanently affect people isn't freakin easy!

Assuming the government is screwing the public at every turn is most certainly NOT patriotism.

if you don't do this, and just blindly follow along with government decisions...you aren't a patriot. You are a sheep and you deserve to be led to the slaughter.

And yet everyone that doesn't bleat with the rest of the pack is being "led" as well. Except you're "knowingly" doing so. "Knowingly" is quoted because you're assuming (for whatever reason) that you are knowledgeable about someithing wrong with this country. Does that really make you any better than the people that don't care, don't know, or aren't smart enough to know? Does saying something when it's clearly not going to make a difference (because let's face it, 99.99999% of all posts anywhere online don't matter) really matter?

Sure, spreading knowledge is good. 'The more you know' and all that jazz. Giving up clearly isn't going to do anything either. Just saying maybe you should think before lumping everyone else into that sheep category, because while you might be a black sheep with a tinfoil hat on, you're still in the herd with the rest.

I think the word "Patriotism" has become a scare tactic against anyone that wants to think differently than the policy's of their government. I feel more patriotic to the human race than I possibly could for any country and thats something I do feel proud of.

Supporting the troops or not supporting the troops isn't the issue, they have no choice they don't operate on a democratic choice within the armed forces. They are used as a tool like a mechanic fixing a car, now when your mechanic is an idiot and is doing more harm than good does it make any sense to praise or blame the tool? no. but you sure as hell don't use a hammer when a screwdriver is called for either.

There was no point to this war other than capital gain, people keep talking about the propaganda of the antiwar movement, It seems to me that most people can't spot propaganda when they see it. Just because you show a red white and blue flag blowing in the wind at the end of a commercial doesn't make it any less like propaganda.

Your already becoming informed when you can spot your own nations propaganda and see how simple tricks are used to make your decisions for you. This war is all about misdirection, Oh sure look at how bad things are in these cities in Iraq, but I bet the oil fields are running like clockwork without an "Enemy" insight from pump to port.

Oh and I wear my tinfoil hat under my Cubs cap so no one can read my mind and know that I think that one day the Cubs might actually win...lol.

...I feel more patriotic to the human race than I possibly could for any country and thats something I do feel proud of.

Oh and I wear my tinfoil hat under my Cubs cap so no one can read my mind and know that I think that one day the Cubs might actually win...lol.

1. Agreed.

2. I thought that Cubbies caps came with tin foil lining standard. :angel:

The war is all about Oil as most major oil producers are near or have passed their peak. Iraq on the other hand is a big fat oil cow with lots of lovely western oil companies pumping as fast they can. Hopefully it'll postpone the impending oil crisis. (BTW I've recently watched "A Crude Awakening" and I'm still scared, and finally no rude words for Dr Bowtie to doctor).

Perhaps this "agreement" is a prelude to US support for Canada if the exploitation race of the N. pole gets a little "heated"

I saw this posters response to Hillary's threat to "obliterate Iran" if it attacks Isreal, in which Iran firstly announced it's wishes for "Isreal to be washed from the pages of history," or something very close to those exact words. I pretty much ignored the Jeramiah Wright comments, as this post is not intended to highlight that.

-------------------

An anonoymous posters view;

Clinton once again show her irresponsible thinking at any price to gain the American nomination to continue to lead the world to oblivion. I read with interest the comments of Americans. I consider myself a humanist and not one that has the USA tattooed to my backside although I gave three years to the military and so have a right to speak. Nationalism, is always based in me-firstism, let the rest of the world be damned mentality.

The economic system that determines all peoples survival regardless of where they exist, also determines what a country will become, much of it the result of chance. In that regard the USA has been lucky, with well-worn imperialist ideas brought over with the Pilgrims. America has taken this country from the people who were here, the European model, without paying them. Some of us here know the story. The so called, “free market market system”, formerly American capitalism, and now globalization into which it has now morphed. the US with its European allies has created the current means of controlling everything for the few. The G 8 has developed ever-greater means to develop these ideas and to take what it wants from the rest of the world and its own population.

The African Americans, the Africans, the Hispanics, Asians and Indians have been the slave classes that have built the white European and American wealth. The historic exploitation of the working classes of America brought from the world into its “melting pot” with the so-called freedoms and democratic ideals built from the blood spilled to form, compared to the European monarchies and divine kingship, so called Democracy unique in the world. The freedoms bought so dearly, were the first “Divine Kingship” of the “Robber Baron” and now, corporate power elitism.

To keep the masses quiet and to build the lives of Americans, consumer ideology supplanted education, the study human purpose, as a goal in itself. The economic forces, which have built their power, care little for human development and survival. They care largely for their continued power as an end in itself and for the few who have the most based on its protection with a huge military force, hence the oil wars in Iraq, this to support an auto centered disposable consumer society.

The expense of privilege in the community of nations may become the death of the globe and its entire people as a result of the American and European economic system, now out of control. Many American economists, Jeffrey Sachs, Joe Stiglitz, and others view these historical developments as a threat to global harmony and survival.

American wealth once had an altruistic quality about it. The post-World War II USA, developed the Marshal Plan and cared about the condition of the world. Now the top one percent, those who have taken so much, continue to be supported by the thirty percent of Americans who still believe George Bush, and his myth of global superiority at the expense of the rest of the world. It is clear that too many of Clinton’s opinions continue the Bush doctrine, of unilateralism.

We sit on the edge of an environmental and economic disaster. This American system is out of control and the economic meltdown will continue regardless of who occupies the Oval office. The only difference is that Obama is intelligent enough to know that there are fundamental change needed in the way America and the so-called “free world” do business.

Rev Wright, simply addresses continued black slavery in a world of exploitation of all people led by the US and now the power elite in collusion with the government to continue the “American Dream” mentality, represented now by corporate multilateralism and their wealth and power. Corporate elitism cares for itself alone at the expense of all people, the environment, the human experiment, its freedoms, and so called democratic ideals which has become nothing more than an oligarchy.

We should not be too pejorative about Rev Wright who simply rails against the exploitive aspects of the Western mentality and points out the deficiency in the USA of evolved thinking toward the slave classes and the human species. He, having been able to experience directly because of his skin color these abuses is perhaps too angry which limits his effectiveness. His experience in seeing the wreckage of black America and his intelligence, has caused him to take up the defense of the disenfranchised.

America has a history of caring about others, once a genuine American direction, led by people, despite their failings like: The Kennedy’s, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and so many others who died for their belief in a better America and a better world, caring about humanity.

The media who carries their continued assault against those, who would in any way, attempt to include different thinking to bear on the so called “American Dream” which has become the world’s nightmare must be seen by the masses for what it has become. The media must begin to understand its roll as an objective commentator to the necessary changes that must be made to the USA and the world if humanity is to survive.

The media above all must be changed once again to give democratic exposure to all important ideas. It must present an understanding of the complex thought needed to be brought to bear on global complex issues of survival. A departure from the simplistic superficial treatment ad-nauseam we witness each day which passes for news presented by the Barby-Doll class of newsreader called journalist.

---------------------------

Also, i just wanted to say, speaking of Bill Orally and Rush-out Limbo, just out of curiosity, I googled "secular progressive" and then drive-by-media". Very interesting results. So much for fair and balanced news sources.

To quote Angry_Games, "Hey, shitbags...how about get an opinion from your own mind instead of just repeating like a sheep what talking head douchebags on teh radio/tv repeat to incite hate and division? "

Jeez, you took the words right out of my mouth brother!

Just remember that the rhetoric flows out of both sides of the fountain we drink from.

Turns out that one of the leading candidates for president attended a church for 20 years run by a preacher that espouses "Black Liberation Theology" and believes in Eugenics(scientific racism).

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/28...ript/index.html

------

Some choice quotes from Rev. Wright...

African and African-American children have a different way of learning.

Africans have a different meter and Africans have a different tonality. European music is diatonic, seven tones. Do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do. That's Italian. Europe. In west Africa and south Africa, it is not diatonic, seven tones, it is pentatonic with five tones. Wintley [Phipps] points out that if you want to know black music, just look at the black keys on the piano. Do, re, fa, so, la. Just those five tunes.

------

Please read the entire transcript to see how this preacher states as fact that African-Americans are truly different from European-Americans and judge for yourself.

Once you've read it think again about how much of this was covered by the "drive by media". If you only get your news from the "drive by media", odd are you didn't even know this speech was given much less its contents.

And this candidate for president says that he never knew his preacher was a racists and separatist. Not good, not good at all.

I have the utmost respect for our troops. they are much braver than I could ever fantasize about being. Doesn't mean I have to like what they are doing. I wish they would accidentally drive the hummer into a river and drown while bush and cheney were both inside (touching each other's private parts in gay lusty debauchery most likely).

the world we live in (USA) now is too polarized. too many douchebags scream in your face you support terrorists if you don't agree with their opinion...and funny thing is, it ain't even their opinion. People listen to stupid talking heads like O'Reilly (a confirmed liar), Limbaugh (a confirmed liar and dope addict), Dobson (the faith of the family dumbass who wrote a paper for the bush administration claiming that homosexuals were being "recruited" at age 5 as well as claiming that just being friends with or even being in the same room as a homosexual will make YOU a homosexual), etc.

Hey, shitbags...how about get an opinion from your own mind instead of just repeating like a sheep what talking head douchebags on teh radio/tv repeat to incite hate and division?

nah, that would be like...too hard...because religion teaches us to just xxxxing obey instead of question, so now does politics.

I hope al queada wins the election and we all are forced to become muslims and live by Sharia law. Well, ONLY if I can do the multiple wives thing (and make them walk 3 feet behind me!)

"A Crude Awakening" is only a single point of view regarding "peak oil" and really nothing more than a scare tactic production.

http://www.runet.edu/~wkovarik/oil/6oilbiblio.html

Off the coast of the continental United States is enough oil to make this country "energy independent". We simply have to drill for it. It won't be easy or cheap but the oil is there.

If the President and US Congress had allowed drilling and production on the North Slope of Alaska during the 90's, that product would now be available and we wouldn't be seeing oil at $115.00 a barrel right now.

If drilling were allowed off the East Coast, West Coast and Florida, we wouldn't need to import oil from other countries and control our energy destiny.

Just some facts to clear up any misremembering of the truth.

The war is all about Oil as most major oil producers are near or have passed their peak. Iraq on the other hand is a big fat oil cow with lots of lovely western oil companies pumping as fast they can. Hopefully it'll postpone the impending oil crisis. (BTW I've recently watched "A Crude Awakening" and I'm still scared,