Military Agreement

Dougman

NORTH AMERICAN MILITARY AGREEMENT SIGNED BY US AND CANADA

Here is the article I ran across:

http://www.newswithviews.com/NWV-News/news38.htm

Here is Bush's Directive:

National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive

This is some pretty scary stuff they slid in under our noses. Im just trying to keep you guys informed. I really believe we are headed for a real eye-opener. Bush needs to be impeached.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Vermont is onto something they vowed to arrest bush and cheney.....

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Voters in two Vermont towns on Tuesday approved a measure that would instruct police to arrest President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney for "crimes against our Constitution," local media reported.

According to the NORTHCOM press release, the plan "allows the military from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a civil emergency."

So....Canada gets tanks, bombers, battleships etc...and the US gets Mounties?

Just kidding, I know there's at least ONE motorized military unit in Canada..:P

Interesting how that just slipped past everyone in the media....

In the case of an emergency like Katrina I think Canada in all of its clear thinking glory could have done a much better job than FEMA. The Mounties could have been there on horseback quicker then FEMA got choppers there.

It is a rather large decision and yes it is weird how it was slipped in without some media coverage, maybe there is a more sinister reason for it. like if more people start to loose faith in the Government and start talking about civil action to check the government then more troops from another nation would be needed to "Keep the peace/order". They could have asked the British troops but that would seem like history repeating itself and it didn't work out too well the last time lol.

I dunno really, for the sake of a natural emergency it seems like a good idea to have help at hand when its needed, maybe its because the US puts every thing it has on foreign soil during a war that they forget that they still have a nation to look out for back home.

So while the US is of being the Police of the world, Canada may be the Police of the US.

Honestly I didn't read the whole whitehouse dribble on the decision cause I fell asleep from boredom about a quarter way through, I read the first few paragraphs and by the way it was worded I just scrolled down to see how long it was and after seeing the name at the bottom I was like "F that, probably lies anyway lol".

I think what it means is if there is civil unrest in Canada, our military can step in and help, and vice-versa (like we'd ever need the 4 soldiers that make up Canada's army hahaha).

But the more interesting bit is that it is ILLEGAL for the United States Military to operate within the borders of the United States (this is the National Guard's job in times of civil unrest etc).

I'm not sure how our president has gained so much power as to think he can do anything he wants without Congress's approval. I surely hope this November election rids us of as many republicans as possible, especially the president and his Penguin arch-side-kick Cheney.

As much of a breath of relief it will be to have a democrat-controlled white house, senate, and house, I fear it will be no better than the fully republican-controlled white house, senate and house that president Puzzlehead had for 6 or 7 years...more of the same except in the exact opposite direction instead of a median direction that is good for the country (though I would love to have open season on right-wing hate mongering radio/tv jackasses who keep promoting the idea that Obama is not only BLACK (GASP!!!) but also a secret Muslim?

You don't even want to know how many xxxxing email forwards I've received and momma has received (especially from older folks who must be stupid to be so easily duped into believing . without actually CHECKING FACTS as it isn't just Obama, it's just about anything these moronic Fat Limbaughs and Crackwhore Coulters spout that is factually empty and filled with creamy good hate (and racism quite a bit)).

Honestly, the government will do all kinds of . that is just DUMB no matter who is in charge.

I'd simply rather at least know about it up front and be able to hear arguments from both sides instead of the power-mad nonsense we have right now with a president who thinks he can do anything he wants and doesn't need any approval from anyone except his butt-buddy Cheney (who most likely tells him what to do...can Bush really be smart? Can he? Really? Nuke-ya-ler? Never heard that we might be looking at $4.00/gal gas because no one told you that oil went up to $106/bl and was looking to keep rising and somehow that correlates into higher gas prices...???)

ok rant over...I came to the forums for something else today (a chance for YOU to rant)

In the case of an emergency like Katrina I think Canada in all of its clear thinking glory could have done a much better job than FEMA. The Mounties could have been there on horseback quicker then FEMA got choppers there.

It is a rather large decision and yes it is weird how it was slipped in without some media coverage, maybe there is a more sinister reason for it. like if more people start to loose faith in the Government and start talking about civil action to check the government then more troops from another nation would be needed to "Keep the peace/order". They could have asked the British troops but that would seem like history repeating itself and it didn't work out too well the last time lol.

I dunno really, for the sake of a natural emergency it seems like a good idea to have help at hand when its needed, maybe its because the US puts every thing it has on foreign soil during a war that they forget that they still have a nation to look out for back home.

So while the US is of being the Police of the world, Canada may be the Police of the US.

Honestly I didn't read the whole whitehouse dribble on the decision cause I fell asleep from boredom about a quarter way through, I read the first few paragraphs and by the way it was worded I just scrolled down to see how long it was and after seeing the name at the bottom I was like "F that, probably lies anyway lol".

|

|

|

V

Posse Comitatus Act

Source: G-OPL

"POSSE COMITATUS ACT" (18 USC 1385): A Reconstruction Era criminal law proscribing use of Army (later, Air Force) to "execute the laws" except where expressly authorized by Constitution or Congress. Limit on use of military for civilian law enforcement also applies to Navy by regulation. Dec '81 additional laws were enacted (codified 10 USC 371-78) clarifying permissible military assistance to civilian law enforcement agencies--including the Coast Guard--especially in combating drug smuggling into the United States. Posse Comitatus clarifications emphasize supportive and technical assistance (e.g., use of facilities, vessels, aircraft, intelligence, tech aid, surveillance, etc.) while generally prohibiting direct participation of DoD personnel in law enforcement (e.g., search, seizure, and arrests). For example, Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachments (LEDETS) serve aboard Navy vessels and perform the actual boardings of interdicted suspect drug smuggling vessels and, if needed, arrest their crews). Positive results have been realized especially from Navy ship/aircraft involvement.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cp/comrel/factfil...eComitatus.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...754C0A9649C8B63

http://law.wustl.edu/WULR/75-2/752-10.html

And then of course you find that the Posse Comitatus Act has been eroded since 1980 (Reagan...interesting...but not surprising)

http://www.homelandsecurity.org/journal/ar.../Trebilcock.htm

Can one trust Cornell Law School's take on it?

http://www2.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_...85----000-.html

interesting things for the interesting times we live in (especially if you are insane like me and watch things like "Loose Change" and "Zeitgeist" etc haha)

It is amazing how people will let . talk change their views on who to vote for, I remember back in the UK during an election they were neck and neck and then the conservative's started a billboard campaign which stated and I believe my quote is right, "Do you want a ginger prime minister?" in huge letters. It worked too, the labor camp went to . and they lost. Poor Obama, I doubt a Black Muslim would get a cup of water if he was on fire from the general public now.

politics are simply awful. I guess if it makes you feel better, momma always telling me when some . happens in politics that seems so totally outrageous as to be unbelievable (that one person or party would say something so outrageous about an opposing candidate) that it has actually happened before, and in American politics.

There have been scandals about presidents possibly being gay, being liars about their service records, all kinds of . that you think you've only seen in the last 20 years or so with tv...but I suppose it's like Battlestar Galactica's chant of "this has all happened before, and will all happen again".

odd...wtf am I quoting BSG for???

Flash.... im payin 4.07 a gal for diesel here in THE OC, California. ( id like to choke someone)

$7 for a Whopper,Fries, and a Coke. Groceries sky high, the dollar devalued. Ol'Georgy has done his job well, to turn us into a 3rd world country having us beg for jobs and work for much less than ever before. Bill Gates is complaining to Congress about the number of IT people he can import from 3rd world countries so he can put them to work here at less than half the payroll he is currently supporting here for IT people. I say Dont worry Bill, a little more of GDubya and you can higher 3rd world americans do to the IT work for less than half of what you paid them.

This is some pretty scary stuff they slid in under our noses. Im just trying to keep you guys informed. I really believe we are headed for a real eye-opener. Bush needs to be impeached.

BOO! Heh, did I make you jump? LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU! Did you look? I'm betting you did, as you seem to be one of those jumpy types.

NSPD-51/HSPD-20 is pretty standard as far as COG and COOP directives go, which have been our national policy only since around 1792, later codified and expanded by the National Security and Presidential Succession Acts of 1947 (passed by the Truman Administration).

You want sneaky? At least the Bush Administration was utterly 'unsneaky' enough to publish a White House Fact Sheet summarizing the new directives. No such text, summary, or brief was ever released by the Clinton Administration for its PDD-NSC-67 directives (Enduring Constitutional Government and Continuity of Government Operations), which were revoked by the new Bush directives.

What was in the Clinton directives? We'll never know, as even the freaking summary was classified and the Clinton White House never even publicly announced it as the Bush White House did. Talk about scary...BOO! hehe, I know you jumped again.