Sign in to follow this  
red930

Ah crap, the Danner is doing something [lots of pics]

What do you want me to put the pic back up? :confused:

Beats me, I don't even know what it was. Spose if it was inappropriate Travis would smack you around a bit.

Oh by the way, go through this list to make sure I didn't delete something that was vitally important.

I edited my last post before I saw your reply, sent you a PM with the pic and quote.

Hey, it's exactly what happened!

I gotta get those trees cut down so people stop watching me...

That list seems pretty safe, I leave secondary logon and telnet enabled, but most of the other stuff I also get rid off.

Coolio.

Edit:

So I was digging around in my toolbox for my 120mm holesaw and I found what appears to be a new Arctic Silver cleaning kit. What a great place for it! :rolleyes:

So before installing Windows for the umpteenth time I'll use proper cleaning tools instead of Everclear. Which is cool because it hurt to just throw away good alcohol.

Well I'm officially an idiot, figured out how to unlink my memory from CPU speed finally. :rolleyes:

I swear the setting wasn't there for the Sempron, but it is for the X2. Trying it one last time since it seems the max stable on the Sempron is lower than I expected to pull. Plus the X2 is cooler. Because that makes sense.

Oh, and I got the 120mm fan installed in the top now. Looks funky since it's black but I can't see blowing money on a clear fan to match the others. That said, i'll have to buy a filter anyways so I might just do that.

Lastly, touche dr_bowtie, touche. Blue tape would have been much better to use. Damn I'm cheap.

Edit: Scratch all that, I was right the first xxxxing time. Damn AM2.

Well I'm officially an idiot,

too bad you're just figuring this out....we've all know this for quite a while now....lol ;)

Joking of coarse...

touche dr_bowtie, touche. Blue tape would have been much better to use. Damn I'm cheap.

kinda goes with the 1st quote when asking for advise and doing it your way (the wrong way...lol :)) anyways.... but hey atleast we can have fun at some ones expence besides mine....

all joking aside...any info on the HT and speeding up boot times and unlinking ram...we'd all like to know what settings those are to compare to other boards...

good job on the project man..it looks top notch and Rado has some competition for sure..;)

kinda goes with the 1st quote when asking for advise and doing it your way (the wrong way...lol :)) anyways.... but hey atleast we can have fun at some ones expence besides mine....

all joking aside...any info on the HT and speeding up boot times and unlinking ram...we'd all like to know what settings those are to compare to other boards...

good job on the project man..it looks top notch and Rado has some competition for sure..;)

Who, Sunbeam? :P

I haven't done much to this thing, mostly just the way it came.

In any case, the other setting I found doesn't unlink the memory at all. I simply was used to an 8x multi instead of the 10x and saw the memory go up more fore the same FSB. I figured that one out and was upset. I'm going to leave it at 260x10, DDR-1040 4-4-4-5 as soon as I get it stable there. Enough dicking around, too much work for too little gain on this machine. Gotta keep it cool anyhow.

Still seems to run warm with voltage applied, 52C with OCCT running right now. No biggie though since it probably won't see that load ever again.

As for boot times, maybe it's just me but it really does feel like it boots faster with an increased nb->sb link. I'll look into it a bit later, but I'm not running RAID anymore for XP (likewhoa talked me into linux for my raid drives) so I'm not certain the effect it'll have on a single drive.