NF4 SLI-dr expert problems with loading windows

It removes all the bios settings and some are needed to help the board boot.

- Remove/unplug everything that is not required (HDD/CD/DVD + power connectors)

- Place 1 memory module in dimm slot 1 (yellow).

- Use a PS/2 keyboard.

Make sure that all the power connectors are plugged into the board.

- 24pin ATX

- 8pin EPS

- Molex near the first PCI-E slot

- Hold the insert key down on the keyboard and keep it down.

- Press the power button and wait.

- If you get something on the screen release the insert key.

- Enter the BIOS, save and exit.

Then see what happens after the restart.

Depending on the memory and CPU the expert board may have issues with the orange/yellow slots.

Do you have another power supply? (OCZ/Hiper/Tagan/Seasonic/PC-power&cooling/Xclio/Corsair/FSP)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank s alot sharp that got it running again..... it also posted saying it had merlins bios on it so im guessing that the bios flash worked...... now speeedeuphoria said my pc needs to be stable before i can put windows on it.... how would one do thus.

thank s alot sharp that got it running again..... it also posted saying it had merlins bios on it so im guessing that the bios flash worked...... now speeedeuphoria said my pc needs to be stable before i can put windows on it.... how would one do thus.

First and foremost you want to make sure your memory is running right, so let memtest run for a bit first. You may want to manually enter in the specified timings and voltage for those particular sticks first, typically it won't auto detect them very well unless they are somewhat generic.

Don't use the memtest built into Merlins bios, from what I've heard it's a newer version that isn't supported correctly. Run it from Tmod's CD instead.

If you don't get any errors you can probably go ahead and give Windows a shot. Alternatively (I may be wrong on this) I could have sworn I saw Prime95 (or similar) on Tmod's disk last time I used it. You might consider running it as a CPU stress test to ensure everything is up and running correctly. If it runs fine for half an hour or so I'd say it's probably stable enough for you to load Windows.

Again, I'm not sure that it's on there, so you may be stuck with memtest and hoping everything else is okay.

the timings for the ram are 2-3-3-6 and i dont know where in the bios to actually set these so if i could get pointed in the right directiong... i have been reading the oc guide and havnt found it in there quite yet so if you get back to me before i find it that would also help

so im pretty sure i got the ram timings in right im running the stress tes right now it is on test 5 with no problems so far that i know of (hasnt locked up or anything) im gunna let this run for about 30 more mins to make sure it dont lock up. after i do this im gunna run the mem test from tmods cd and after i do so i will post the results...... but if im not mistaken you said test 5 and 8 for an hour or two correct?

so im pretty sure i got the ram timings in right im running the stress tes right now it is on test 5 with no problems so far that i know of (hasnt locked up or anything) im gunna let this run for about 30 more mins to make sure it dont lock up. after i do this im gunna run the mem test from tmods cd and after i do so i will post the results...... but if im not mistaken you said test 5 and 8 for an hour or two correct?

Those are the tests I like to use, you might want to let it run through the whole suite once or twice too, just to make sure.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier, I've been juggling a couple different projects today.