Please check signal cable (need help)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ultimus,

pull everything out of the case and put the board on a static free surface.

minimal hardware build;

motherboard

cpu

1 stick of memory

video card

ps2 mouse and keyboard

see if you get a boot. if not rma the motherboard.

I actually tried that last night wevvspot. It booted up. I had an extra mounting screw in my case that I needed to mount for my former board but that shouldn't have been there for this new one. I removed it and tonight I'm going to try putting everything back in and see what happens. I left my computer at a friends place who was helping me test some things so after he finishes work we're going to continue. We think it may also be the fact that we didnt have everything plugged in, so the power supply was working but it doesnt normally work under full load. Either way I think I should finally have a working computer soon. Thank you. :)

I actually tried that last night wevvspot. It booted up. I had an extra mounting screw in my case that I needed to mount for my former board but that shouldn't have been there for this new one. Thank you. :)

One of the reasons I recommend an "out of case" experience in situations like these. In fact, I always pre-assemble the board and minimum hardware outside of the case BEFORE proceeding with the final assembly. Nothing as frustrating as getting everything tucked away into a case, only to find out that you have a bad component or some other problem. Doing everything outside of the case only takes 10-15 minutes at the most, and it is time well invested.

Glad to have helped. Enjoy your new rig!