Please check signal cable (need help)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so I think I'll go with:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 (it should be noticeable better than the 2160 right?)

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

When it comes to the RAM I'm stumped though. Is there any particular dual channel kit I should get? I should go for PC2-6400 right? I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Intel E2160 = 1mb L2 cache @ 1.8ghz (plus tons of overclocking headroom)

Intel E4500 = 2mb L2 cache @ 2.2ghz (plus lots of overclocking headroom)

Your choice should depend on what you plan on doing with your PC and exactly how tight your budget is

I wouldn't hesitate using either of those processors. I think you'll be happy either way.

Good choice on the m/b

RAM - Choose OCZ or Corsair since they both have reps that frequent the forums here and are readily available to help when needed. The PC2-6400 speed will be fine. But be aware that depending on how far you plan on pushing your FSB you might be forced to use a divider to keep the memory speed where it is stable.

I appreciate the suggestions wevsspot the only problem is that newegg doesn't ship to Canada :(

Exactly why we ask forum members to include their location in their user CP, so we know what may or may not be available in your particular locale ;)

My bad wevsspot, I just changed that :)

And yes Sharp they said they transferred everything to a new mobo and it booted up no problems. I was hoping it was just one of the PCI-E slots that died because they said they hadn't even tried the other one, but that didn't work :(.

Alright so I know which motherboard and cpu I'll go with, I just need to pick the RAM. I plan on ordering from NCIX because its one of the best sites in Canada. Could someone check this out and see if there's any particular kit they'd recommend? http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=105

And once again, thank you everyone for all the replies. This thread has been very, very helpful.

I tried what you suggested aherrij. No luck. I also tried the other PCI-E slot with an older card I own and still no signal. I guess the mobo really is dead :(

Dammit. I was so sure of myself too.

*slinks away with tail between legs*

Good luck with the new build.

I'd recommend the OCZ or Corsair because both companies have tech. support that spends time here at the Street helping our forum members. Plus both companies have excellent service if you ever need it. PC2 6400 speed will do you just fine.

Pick the kit based on whether you want 2X1gb or 2X2gb.

If I were spending my money I'd probably get the OCZ kit here;

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...CZ%20Technology