PC Gaming Systems Builder

likewhoa

I think this year I'm gonna build a website that allows users to customize a gaming pc to their specs, something that will offer all the hardware configurations that are known to work and provide a level of support, and attention to detail that will rival that of HP,Dell and others in this niche market. If anyone is interested in partnering or becoming a reseller let me know. I got some plans on how it will function but the reason I am creating this thread is to get everyone suggestions on a domain name and slogan for the company. Also any comments or suggestions on what would make a "PC Gaming System Builder" stand out is appreciated.

Thanks,

Likewhoa

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about an auto config option based on a persons favourite game or game genre?

Pre-configure PC systems based on the type of usage would be cool.

Examples would be:

1. 3d Users -
    Greater than 4GB of RAM
    Quad-Core CPU
    SLI or Crossfire configuration
    Large RAID setup ~2TB 6x500GB SATA
  2. Gaming Users -
    4GB of RAM
    Dual-Core Proc Overclocked ofcourse
    SLI or Crossfire configuration
    Small RAID Setup ~500GB 4x250GB SATA
  3. Media Center PC Users -
    4GB of RAM
    Quad-Core
    Single GPU but with HDMI Connection
    Medium RAID Setup ~1TB 4x500GB SATA
  4. Casual Users - (word processing, internet browsing etc..)
    2GB of RAM
    Dual-Core Procs
    Single GPU
    Small RAID Setup ~500GB 2x500GB SATA

Was also looking at custom paint jobs on chassis and watercooling ofcourse.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

likewhoa u just love raid dont u?

i deffinatly do NOT agree with example 4, no internet browsing person will need a raid setup of any kind, toss them 1 500gb and they'll be set, we are talking about people who hardly know anything about pc's and wouldnt want to buy an HP, right?

so raid 1, ok, ya im not into raid at all :)

RAID 1 mirrored for the casual users that don't know any better :)

I was also thinking of providing liquid cooling builds for those users that want s solid but quite system, this kind of system would be idea for a "Media Center PC" which sits in the living encoding their television episodes.

and yes, I do love RAID and wouldn't use a PC without it as I do alot of RAW data task like editing large video/audio files and moving large amounts of data.

I think if I came up with a nice CASE design and a solid webform that would allow users to customized their pc like avadirect.com it would do good as we'll provide stability testing to customers, good hardware, attention to details and a solid technical support staff, but nobody should be calling us for tech support as we'll make sure to send out stable systems to avoid those users that complain about BSOD when it's really their RAM.

why not offer online vids of their build and stability test. That extra personal touch. Also nothing like monitoring for ensuring honesty and ramping up customer trust. Could turn into a nice sideline of technopron

why not offer online vids of their build and stability test. That extra personal touch. Also nothing like monitoring for ensuring honesty and ramping up customer trust. Could turn into a nice sideline of technopron

you mean S.M.A.R.T monitoring for customer's Hard Drives? that could work out pretty well, also the videos would be great, having customer testimonials with videos to show their machines at work would boosts quality assurance.