IE8 Beta 1

momoceio

If IE7 was as secure as FF I would take IE every time. Im getting sick of FF taking 6 seconds to open, I always try and leave it open in case I want to do a quick google and just leave in minimized.

But unless NoScript comes in IE form then thats another HUGE reason I use FF.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I used that when I used IE and I actually liked it but IE always crashed sooner or later, seeing what NoScript actually blocks I wouldn't click on any link without it. Its always first on my list of addons.

I use NoScript as well, you'd be surprised how many sites run scripts on other sites. I refuse to use FF without it now. Back on topic though I forgot I installed IE8 and went to check my hotmail but it wouldn't load the right pane until I emluated IE7 :/

Anything that I don't give permission to connect to my PC is bad if it be harmful or not. If I don't want to connect to it or support ads I should have the choice really.

I will definitely give IE8 a try but im not touching it as a beta, i'll wait for a final release.

It looks nice but I made that mistake with Vista cause (in your best Agent Smith voice) "As you and I know Mr Anderson appearances can be deceiving".

Im not actually running that many bro, only 4. but even with none a cold start takes around 6 seconds. I tried the config tweaks and faster fox but still the same, I'm used to it now but when I use IE for my updates its super quick in comparison.

Is yours instant when you hit the FF icon???

I have done something wrong somewhere, all I can think off is that I have it on a separate disk with the rest of my programs but with with zero fragmentation. its always been that way for me though even when I run it from my C drive, strange