IE8 Beta 1

momoceio

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, me too. Very seldom does IE get used on any of my rigs. And every rig I repair or build goes out the door with FF installed and recommendations to the owner that they use it INSTEAD of IE.

I couldn't agree more.

I thought I would give IE7 another try last week. I reinstalled it from the Control Panel. I used it for about an hour. It doesn't have any of the features of FF. I also use Swiftfox in Ubuntu. It is a faster version of FF that is tweaked for a specific processor.

One of my biggest gripes with IE is the inability (without paying for an add-on) to protect certain cookies while deleting others. I hate old cookies just sitting around on my hard drive, but some cookies are important for conducting business and just kicking around in your favorite forum. Until MS puts - or makes available - a utility like Cookie Culler for FF, then IE is useless to me.

Thanks Ive been reading up on the FF website. Im giving it a try ... thanks man.

it may take alittle getting used to, then learn about some nice "addons" that fit your needs help w/ security and you'll be good.

Sorry to hijack the IE8 thread

FF is ... better... period

That's really a matter of opinion. Some users like it, others like IE.

My opinion? I prefer FF but I'm not blinded to the fact that some people just like IE better. There is no way you will know until you've tried both. In fact, I had two systems side-by-side and used FF on one and IE on the other ....

... I now use FF v2.x.x on one and FF v3bx on the other.

... learn about some nice "addons" that fit your needs ...

Not a bad idea, but not just for security. Why not start a new topic asking which Add-ons others use and why? That way you should get a head start with what will probably help you the most.