IE8 Beta 1

momoceio

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give it a whirl, not like I use IE anyways so no harm done if it doesn't work good.

ie8setup1to5.jpg

So I got excited for a second thinking they can really import all my settings..

ie8setup2ua7.jpg

I should have known better :)

ie8setup3sb9.jpg

IE8 couldn't even import my Bookmarks Toolbar and add it's contents to the Favorites Toolbar, not only that but it didn't even add them to the 'regular' Favorites. Oddly though it managed to import 4 of my Toolbar favorites that I rarely use.. :/

ie8setup4rp4.jpg

I guess some people have issues trying to figure out the main site they are visiting..

I'm sticking with FF thank you very much :angel:

Yep, me too. Very seldom does IE get used on any of my rigs. And every rig I repair or build goes out the door with FF installed and recommendations to the owner that they use it INSTEAD of IE.

Yeah that's what most of us use, I hope so at least.

Let's not let us turn this into another IE vs FF debate. You never know, one of these days Microsoft might actually come out with something good and we'll never know if we don't try it ;)

I was under the impression that IE8 was supposed to have the returned the Home button back to the IE6 default location, maybe this just hasn't been changed in the GUI yet.

Let's not let us turn this into another IE vs FF debate. You never know, one of these days Microsoft might actually come out with something good and we'll never know if we don't try it

I doubt it....i doubt it.

Remember this is a very early beta. Its also planned to be fully standards compliant which can only be a good thing - a browser independent internet (potentially). Only took 10 yrs.