Sign in to follow this  
ZACKYO

[Resolved] help plz. (Game won't run after adding second ODD)

Hello

2 days ago i install dvd burner (samsung sata drive F) now when i put my crysis dvd (samsung IDE drive D) it will not work get message to put orignal dvd in drive F. The crysis dvd is orignal.I want to get the player (drive D) to work so i dont have to use the burner all the time. Any info. will help.Thanks

Sounds like the anti pirating tech on the disc taking the p15s, it might think you're trying to install the game on another pc, only thing I can think of would be to uninstall it, remove a registry entries of it's existance and reinstall on the drive you want to run it from.

BUT I HONESTLY am not knowledgable enough yet to give any registry advice, better to wait for someone more advanced to reply.

Hello no i dont think thats it. The drives i have listed (F+D) are not hard drives those are the drives the DVD Player(D) and DVD Buner(F) are on. the game is on hard drive C. I just cant get the DVD Player (IDE) to work now. its making me put all DVDs in the DVD Burner (sata) to work now............................

Try to make it easy to understand have 2 DVD drives (1 is IDE)+( New 1 is SATA) Both Samsung. Now when i put a DVD in the IDE drive i get a message to put it in the other drive(SATA) no DVDs will work in the (IDE) drive now. I try to Google this no luck i cant be the only person in the whole world to have this problem....

Try making your dvd player the first one in the bios. It will allow you to choose which one you boot off of or aka the one it wants to use all the time. Make sure that one is the first one out of the 2 that might help. Not sure though. I only run one sata dvd burner.

Right click on "(My) Computer">Manage>Disk Management, highlight the ODDs and change their drive letters to some unused ones then assign the drive letters to the drives the way you want them.

Hi at disk man. i have CD-ROM 0 DVD(D) That is the IDE that wont work are you saying to change the 0 to 1?? Then on the CD-ROM 1 DVD(F)SATA. Change that to 0

changedriveletter1qq7.jpg

In the Bottom pane scroll down until you see your ODDs, right click on them and click change drive letter..

Once you click Change drive letter.. a window will pop up, click change and assign the letter you want, hit ok and ok any additional prompts.

Alternately there should be a game config file that lists which drive to read off when starting the game, but where that is located depends on the game.

Hello Thanks ReelFiles it is working now, i just dont understand just by changing drive letter made it work.but it does and that s all that matters.........thanks again

No problem, enjoy your game. It was looking for the drive you originally installed the game on, it saves that information in a config file when you install it.