Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick813

Not in My Marines.

Does it really matter at all? Now I would be pissed off if that were my puppy, no matter if it were a Marine, Sailor, Airman, Soldier or just a civi.

But to see it on video tape, happening in a place far far away with things much worse going on there on a daily basis . . . .

I'll ask the question again. Does it really matter?

Hell, at least the dog didn't end up in a stew.

How do you know that throwing a puppy off a cliff in Iraq is a crime? Can anyone speak with any authority on that particular obscure law?

It's a crime when the country, state, county, municipality or city has the law written in the books.

That doesn't make it any less of a moral problem, but morality and legality very seldom have anything in common between the two.

Compared to the craziness of the world, no it doesn't amount to a hill of beans really.

I think it was the shock factor that dog lovers like me get seeing that stuff ya know.

Although some of those animal rights activists are worse than terrorists when it comes to getting their point across.

I just imagine if a sick or injured non combatant was dying and this guy were to come across them "alone" would he help or just turn his back and say FU.

Most serial killers have this kind of disregard for animals, who's to say if he doesn't get checked for it now he wont leave the marines and do something as cruel back in the states, and end up in jail.

If you or I were to do that with a pup in open view of the police or public we would be brought up on charges, Just because he wears a uniform in a war zone doesn't or shouldn't make him exempt from the laws of his own country.

There are 2 sides to it though, he also could be the kind of dude that would pull you from a burning tank with bullets flying everywhere too, in which case I would say F**k the dog get me out of this tank lol, but the law is the law we all have to follow it, no exceptions.

EDIT: Apparently he did this in Hawaii from what I've read.

Further edit: In Iraq it was probably more of a crime that he didn't get it further, lol. Jk

How do you know that throwing a puppy off a cliff in Iraq is a crime? Can anyone speak with any authority on that particular obscure law?

It's a crime when the country, state, county, municipality or city has the law written in the books.

That doesn't make it any less of a moral problem, but morality and legality very seldom have anything in common between the two.

He's still under the laws of the US...

Let me preface what I'm going to say next with a little personal background. I'm a dog lover too. I've had great bird dogs, a few of which were as much a part of my family as were my wife and kids. I love dogs in general, and I've loved every black, chocolate and yellow lab I've ever had. Heck, we even have a cat in the house for crying out loud. So I'm not at any loss for love or appreciation of pets we all have and love.

With that being said folks, for the most part you can forget "laws" as you so call them when you are in a combat zone 24/7

We like to think that laws exist and we abide by them because they put us on some higher ground than another human being that we consider to be the "enemy" when we are at war with their religion, their lifestyle or their country.

Unless any of you have personally been in the military (and more specifically in a war zone and have combat experience) then it's impossible for you to even imagine what was going through this kid's head when he pulled that bone headed stunt.

Besides, how many of us here haven't done something worse in our lifes? Who here hasn't sinned or broke a law in some manner? Will the perfect person please step forward?