Gears Of War

Hemidare

Just curious what everyone thinks of GOW and how it plays on there rig? I love the game but it runs smoother on my cousins 360 but the graphics on my rig are better. I have noticed alot of ripping on my screens like i havent enabled vsync yet i have.

Been alot of little problems like getting live setup, and getting the 1st patch to work. Also when i try to record a video i freeze up sometimes. There has also been random freezes as well which i didnt like to much. So i hope Epic Games gets there act together with microsoft and releases a patch that makes the game way smoother on the pc. Oh yeah and damn does it take alot of room.

What are your thoughts on this game?

I love it btw and give it 4/5 stars only cause of the bugs that are rampant.

I installed the game - it finally worked on the 3rd attempt. The game kept crashing within a max of 5 mins every time I played it. The patch made no difference. I uninstalled it, well tried, and when I did get it off my machine lots of other things seemed to stop working so its now gone for good and I have a new XP installation. I give it -1/5 stars. Shame really as I was really looking forward to playing it.

Since i play it on the Xbox 360 I don't have anything to add to the issues you guys are having on the PC, but I love it. I would have no problems calling it the Game of the Year for 2006.

Nothing worse than ANY application (game or otherwise) that integrates itself so far into the system that it dorks your whole install. What a shame, I had considered purchasing it too.

I don't know about all of that i have not had those kinda problems. Installed the first time with no problems other then the ones mentioned above. And hasnt crashed since i updated live and the game itself. I really like this game so it really a shame that you can't get it to work.

Ok i just finished this game, and i loved it. Frikkin sweet game. Better then Crysis and i loved Crysis. I love the movements and the hiding behind everything and dodging and crouch running. It was all good. Damn i will have to play that again on hardcore.

in my opinion the game on 360 is freaking awesome

on PC, it's a technical nightmare of incredible proportions. I've experienced iTunes/AOL-like behavior from these "Games for Windows" pieces of utter .. Integrate itself into your machine as far as possible then decide it doesn't want to uninstall completely leaving all kinds of nonsense in your registry as well as dll files who knows where.

this is a game that you definitely want to stick to playing on a console.

Great at first but quickly wears on you because of it's repetitive nature (well, I guess that's just about any game right?)

I wonder how the second one is going to be like? Would it have more of a PC support than the first?

Oh yeah, if you guys are a neat freak like myself and are just going to reformat because of what this game has done than this doesn't apply to you. Download the latest version of CCleaner and make sure you check every single box and let it run, it should clean out most of the junk.

I have it installed and did not get far on the game itself just yet. I put i off when I got Witcher, and then put off again when proceeded with COD4, and now am caught up with online cod4. But when I play it, I have no problems with it.