Worst Computers On The Planet

theArmy

Im sure most of us have at least worked inside a proprietary computer (although I hope know one owns one). SO the question is, what is the worst in your opinion? I have a real hate on for HP. I tried to canabalize an HP for parts for a shyte computer for my parents, but the motherboard required the power supply that the HP came with to run (it had a lead to the power supply to "make sure it was still running"), and of course the power supply was an abnormal size, so I could fit it very well in a new case, and its only 220 watts. I had to build a plexi frame just to mount it.

I hate HP!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compaq Presario for sure, it was my first computer (christmas gift long ago)

In order to add any type of drive I had to take the PSU and HD(s) rack out of the system. err The only games I could play at the time were DOS, Warcraft I-II, Starcraft and sometimes UT.

I dunno, I kinda liked the mac classics. They have a certain reminicant charm when I think back to my elementary school. That and apple IIe's. You can't beat playing Karataka on those things.

Compaq Presario for sure, it was my first computer (christmas gift long ago)

In order to add any type of drive I had to take the PSU and HD(s) rack out of the system. err The only games I could play at the time were DOS, Warcraft I-II, Starcraft and sometimes UT.

:withstupid:

Compaq was my first computer that was solely mine (and not a family comp)...got it 4+ years ago when i went away for college. Had onboard sound and video which both sucked . (at least onboard audio nowadays is good), so i wound up buying an SB live card and a video card. But then after a year, i had enough and built my own....and ever since my family never buys prebuilt crap.

the new imac.

to upgrade ram you can go 2 routes. 1: pull off the bottom cover, install a sodimm. 2: Pull off bottom cover, remove lower memory tray, remove optical drive, remove motherboard, remove hdd, THEN you can get to the upper memory bays. of course you have to some how cram all that crap back into something half the size of a basketball.

:withstupid: Man that has to be tough; does anyone think of designing those alittle better. <_>

prebuilt systems like that aren't meant to be modded or upgraded. People (aka. naive people) like the compact design.

I just opened up a friend's dell...one of those slim ones that can be used as either a tower or desktop, and i couldn't believe how crammed it was....the harddrive was even a special slim design...and had some makeshift plastic bracket holding it next to the cdrom...the wires were every where....i could only imagine how hot that thing got.