Power supply switch - won't even turn on

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Glad its running, you just borrow one?

My brother's ;)

If Angry_Games is around, or anyone who used to maintain the PSU thread, a corsair VX450 should boot system, right? Or an Earthwatts 500? They're about ~60 at the moment - VERY tempting and one is definitely good enough to power my system (3850 is a very conservative card in terms of power eating).

The difference between a VX450 and HX520 is about $40 though, so it's not just change.

It has 33A on the 12V+ rail and is just 30W short of your recommended 480W. Plus, it's corsair. I don't plan on running SLI/Xfirex anytime soon, so I believe it is good for my small application?

The thing is that the DFI NF4 boards (and DFI boards in general) are very power hungry, so the recommendation is not to be taken lightly; there are numerous threads here where it's stressed that the 480W is more a requirement for the DFI NF4s.

If you're in a budget pinch, please consider the XCLIO 500W in either the Goodpower or Stablepower series (assuming you can find one in your locale).

They will power a DFI NF4 setup just fine.

you MAY get a lessor PSU to work, at first, and it may go for a couple of months, then gone, and again you will be miffed.....and then where do you stand???? Spend some more hard earned on another PS????

general rule of thumb, if you want to play hard you may have to spend a few extra bucks......it was awfull nice of OCZ to send that super high powered PS, bummer it doesn't work properly..

laterzzzz................