Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

FREE Real Baseball Online featuring Cal Ripken Jr.

Otherwise known previously as Ultimate Baseball Online. I beta'd this game...years ago lol. Used to have a kick-butt little home run derby that we played endlessly until they finally got the game running to the point you could actually play 9 vs 9 humans.

Looks like now with Cal Ripken Jr. behind it, it's ready to go live as of Thursday or Friday.

Did I mention that it's free? I've already signed up, and my brother is probably gonna sign up (he and I played those home run derbys for hours on end haha), so here's my two dudes:

Angry13 - (Shortstop)

AngryG13 - (Pitcher)

It has a cool little training camp thing to teach you how to play (assuming you know even a little about baseball haha), sorta RPG-ish in you can level up as you play more, etc etc. Give it a shot, looks like it might be sorta interesting (., just for the home run derby alone it's worth the 95MB download!)

NOTE: YOU MUST USE INTERNET EXPLORER TO REGISTER/LOGIN TO THE GAME AS IT DOES NOT WORK IN FIREFOX AT THIS TIME

Just figured I'd warn you.

And the graphics aren't Crysis or COD4 by any means, but I'm thinking with a little Nvidia or ATI CP messing, I can get AA to get rid of some jaggies.

Oops, better give you the addy eh?

http://www.playrealbaseball.com/

Im gonna go register right now. Thanks for the heads up ;)

EDIT: Ok, what the hell. The freakin registration is laughing at me for owning an ati card. The temp pass that it sent me was...get this... "atiheh" LOL

EDIT2: Well i must say, all i did so far were the first 3 "missions" in the camp which were all batting. I absolutely sucked at it but had fun doing it, lol. Now its bedtime -_-

I must say, since posting this particular thread, DIY has had 21 new member signups since last night...could it be this particular thread???

This game is still a bit rough, but its actually pretty cool, and the concept is excellent (9vs9 humans playing baseball!), especially with leagues, tournaments, derbies, etc.

Too bad I have to be in school all day =/

between this, Sins of a Solar Empire, Frontlines: Fuel of War, and Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (made by the Call of Duty guys), and Rock Band on teh 360, I'm not sure if I will ever pass school haha

well all right, I've got a SS (shortstop) and a P (pitcher) all up to level 1 each after training...I'm ready for some home run derby or such while dr_bowtie is searching for Ventrilo servers

well all right, I've got a SS (shortstop) and a P (pitcher) all up to level 1 each after training...I'm ready for some home run derby or such while dr_bowtie is searching for Ventrilo servers

Im definetly gonna finish training when i get home. I made a pitcher and a 2b (the 2 positions i used to play were pitcher and SS, but since you already made an SS, i took the other, lol.)

ok, I'm on Ventrilo with dr_b so if anyone wants to play Sins of a Solar Empire or this Baseball thing, hop on and lets do something. I'm off until Tuesday so plenty of time and almost zero homework.

Check new sticky for Ventrilo info (going to make the thread in a sec)