Which Memory Slots do I use?

IIRC, somebody here, well over a year ago, advised me to use the Orange memory slots on my DFI UT nF4 SLI DR mainboard, slots 2 and 4, that is. Over all these months I have had various hardware failures that I remedied, but always got dogged by continual BSODs, hangs, and sudden drops to POSTs. I always used slots 2 and 4, the orange slots for my Team Xtreme Cronus M DDR-500 RAM, no matter my timings and even when NOT overclocked at all.

I have changed out every single part of my computer over this time but the mainboard and RAM. Recently, I replaced my processor and my new Toledo 4800 is a great overclocker so far, at least 3 GHz. Even at 2.4 GHz stock, I had problems still.

So it dawned on me, well, gee, maybe I am supposed to be using the YELLOW slots #1 and 3! I changed to them and then read the PDF of the manual which indicated I was correct in thinking so. I am now operating on the YELLOW slots 1 and 3. Do you think that using the orange slots could have been a problem?

Tons of thanks!

No, never had any memtest86+ errrors with this RAM on either motherboard, running into even 12+ hours or more, and overclocked heavily even. Ran the tests a few different times.

UPDATE:

Guys, I now think I am on to the problem and that it is something else, something worthy of a fresh thread in this same forum, so I am going to write about it now. I will really need your advice on what I think I have found, so please see my new thread in a few minutes.

By the way, since I am using Team Xtreme Cronus M, a LP nF4 SLI DR, and a Toledo 4800 that is a great overclocker considering it is not an Opteron (so far, other than my newly discovered other issue, stable at 3050 with little to no timings tweaking past the basic 3,3,3,8 @ 1T... Well, what BIOS do you suggest?

If you have the time, please see my new post in a few seconds...